• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 27, 2015

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for? Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread? Welcome, you found the right place.

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer. If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away!

heceleks

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying better fitting clothes. I am wondering whether or not these pants fit well. Do these pants fit? I know that the shirt is poofy. I will post pictures with a fitted shirt when I find one.

Siun

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums so idk if I'm posting In the correct place. I'm 18 and about 5'5 so I'm relatively short and I currently own several 26x28 and 28x28 AEO Skinny Chinos/Jeans and I love all of them but there are just a few things I have problems with, the leg opening in these pants are a little too big for me, I think they have a 14" leg opening and I would prefer a smaller leg opening maybe around 12" or 13" does anyone know any other types of pants that have a similar fit but with a smaller leg opening? Preferably chinos because I usually pin roll my jeans.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying better fitting clothes. I am wondering whether or not these pants fit well. Do these pants fit? I know that the shirt is poofy. I will post pictures with a fitted shirt when I find one.

Welcome to the forum, heceleks. Those look fine for jeans. Best of luck.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

im looking for a very relaxed fit

Welcome to the forum, m. No Man Walks Alone carries Big John straight fit, Gustin has a relaxed fit, Unionmade has a bunch of options, Need Supply has a good variety, and even Nordstrom carries good denim. Best of luck.

wanksy

Reaction score
So I have this prescription glasses I rarely wear, TB 701 by Thom Browne.
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/pr...ck-thick-frame-tb-701-optical-glasses/1157973
I was thinking on changing it to a prescription sunglasses. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? It would look exactly like this http://probusnyc.com/collections/thom-browne-sunglasses/products/thom-browne-tb-701a-t-sunglasses

I also have heard lenses that can change color depends on whether there's sunlight or not. However, I've never seen anyone wore one so might be because they are not worth it considering the price of the lenses. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also where do people install prescription lenses on sunglasses in the UK? London or Bristol would be ideal. Won't mind if it's a bit pricey.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have transition lenses on a pair of glasses...I like them. If you are paying out of pocket and not using insurance, they can get pretty pricey. Sorry, someone else will have to jump in with some reccomendations in the UK.

Chapo

Reaction score

I am looking for high quality leather Black or Dark Navy hightop sneakers with white bottom and white laces. Something like the above.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am looking for high quality leather Black or Dark Navy hightop sneakers with white bottom and white laces. Something like the above.

Welcome to the forum, Chapo. Here you go....they come with cotton laces too
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/footwear/tanino-high-sneaker-black-calf-1501.html

The bottom is not very white on the Buttero so if those don't work for you, check out these https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/common-projects/black-leather-tournament-high-tops/1042603

J1994

Reaction score
Hello!

Any clue where to find socks similar in style to the one pictured below but come sized to fit a U.S. 7 shoe? The usual "one size fits all" doesn't work for me. Looking to wear casually with denim.

Last edited:

dan138zig

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So as I age I think I'm starting to grow tired of jeans and want a more mature look in pants department. I own this pair of semi-wool pants and somehow they don't fit too well with the rest of my outfit (CP sneakers, bomber, t-shirts, sweatshirt, usual casual stuff). Maybe they're not thick enough, too flary, too long, I don't know. I've seen people pull off casual look with wool pants (e.g. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/386957792958912376/), so how does one pull it? Do I need to revamp my overall outfit altogether, i.e. ditch the sneakers? Just some pics would help. Thanks!

flowcharts

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So as I age I think I'm starting to grow tired of jeans and want a more mature look in pants department. I own this pair of semi-wool pants and somehow they don't fit too well with the rest of my outfit (CP sneakers, bomber, t-shirts, sweatshirt, usual casual stuff). Maybe they're not thick enough, too flary, too long, I don't know. I've seen people pull off casual look with wool pants (e.g. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/386957792958912376/), so how does one pull it? Do I need to revamp my overall outfit altogether, i.e. ditch the sneakers? Just some pics would help. Thanks!

how big is the leg opening on the pants? They may just need a taper

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello!

Any clue where to find socks similar in style to the one pictured below but come sized to fit a U.S. 7 shoe? The usual "one size fits all" doesn't work for me. Looking to wear casually with denim.

Unionmade usually has a decently selection of casual socks, but I didn't see a melange fabric like that. Mr. Porter has a couple that are similar and offer two different sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads