• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Louis Vuitton Ad Featuring PHARRELL!!!

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kamala
Just look at TV, magazines, etc. Pharrell started the whole trucker hat craze of a few years ago. And all races were wearing those hats. The Neptunes changed the sound of Hip Hop. You think Lupe Fiasco or his single, Kick, Push, (an ode to skateboarding) would be hot if it wasn't for Pharrell? Pharrell has too many hits to name and you sound crazy trying to doubt the man's popularity amongst Blacks.

To be really, really honest, it's widely accepted that Ahston Kutcher started that horrendous trend. Why? Because he was a farmer from one of the square states (Idaho or something) and had been wearing them all their life... Pharell would have definately gotten it from him, or in fact, all the punkers who had been wearing trucker hats since the Misfits starting touring a long, long time ago.

Kamala

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
A) How the hell was I supposed to know that you're black based on your name? Do you have any clue what kind of names people have this website that let you absolutely nothing about them? Only when you actually say that you're black did I know. Does it change what I've said or will say? No, because I don't particularly care what color your skin is.

B) Stop making as if we're just a bunch of ignorant hicks who assume a certain set of stock stereotypes ******************. It's insulting and just ends making you look like an idiot. I think Mr. Rodgers was implying all celebrities... and you'll also notice that I made of Ashton Kutcher. He's pretty white.

To be really honest, I'm getting extremely sick of people of any making petty assumptions about whoever. Curb Your Enthusiasm deals with it in a funny way... there's this black woman who happens to see Larry in many compromising situations where it looks as if he's being racist but he actually wasn't, and no matter what, because of political correctness, we all have to be appauled.

Kamala is a Hindu name but most Americans know the name from Kamala the Ugandan warrior of pro wrestling fame. That's where I got the name from. Kamala was a Black wrestler so I thought it was obvious that I'm Black.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Kamala is a Hindu name but most Americans know the name from Kamala the Ugandan warrior of pro wrestling fame. That's where I got the name from. Kamala was a Black wrestler so I thought it was obvious that I'm Black.

Tokyo Slim is the name of a urban trash seperation and recycling program in Japan, so does that mean that I'm Japanese trash?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly. Just like it's obvious that people put me in their shoes to make their feet smell better.
rolleyes.gif

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just look at TV, magazines, etc. Pharrell started the whole trucker hat craze of a few years ago. And all races were wearing those hats. The Neptunes changed the sound of Hip Hop. You think Lupe Fiasco or his single, Kick, Push, (an ode to skateboarding) would be hot if it wasn't for Pharrell? Pharrell has too many hits to name and you sound crazy trying to doubt the man's popularity amongst Blacks.

Laughable, kick and push popular in the Black community. Pharrell change the sound of hip hop? That shows you know as little about rap as you know about Blacks.
I'm done with all the racial back and forth. My only point is Pharrell isn't uniformly beloved by all Blacks,I personally don't associate his image with anything black, so critisizing him doesn't make anyone racist.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah because everyone over 20 watches roid stuffed freaks who look like permanent erections wearing what appear to be body condoms trash talk each other and engage in laughably staged "wrestling" matches...

korinkahn

Reaction score

You lost the coffin match!

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just for the record, I think the majority of the active posters would actually be more familiar with the Hindu name considering the size of the South Asian readership and those who have either worked/traveled through India or have familiarized themselves with the emmigrant culture. That being said, I haven't waatched wrestling since 5th or 6th grade.

EDIT:
How about a new poll?
I watched a:
A) Really, really bad Bollywood film
B) Pro-wrestling
C) Neither

Choose one of the above.
Me: A

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Laughable, kick and push popular in the Black community. Pharrell change the sound of hip hop? That shows you know as little about rap as you know about Blacks. I'm done with all the racial back and forth. My only point is Pharrell isn't uniformly beloved by all Blacks,I personally don't associate his image with anything black, so critisizing him doesn't make anyone racist.
Thank you! Well put. Pharell is a douche that happens to be black. Just like Britney's husband whatshisname is a douch that happens to be white. You are a freaking troll, Kamala. I could give a flying **** if you are black or white or anything else. Am I a racist because I hate country music? I don't like most of it. Same with most of modern rap (and good amount of hiphop). But guess what; I love Goldie's d&b stuff. Guess what? He is black! Oh no! OMG! I AM A RACIST - NOT! Oh oh wait - I hate Broadway musicals - does that mean I hate gay people? And I hate Yanni's easy listening crap. I am anti-Greek that means! Freaking damn foreigners!
sarcasm.gif
sarcasm.gif
sarcasm.gif
As for norcal's poll, C for me.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaliStyle
Pharrell 'conservative'? i dont think so.

both kanye and pharrell are very fashionable

J.Crew is definitely a staple in his wardrobe. I meant "more conservatively dressed than Kanye," which I guess doesn't mean that much, but I just wanted to make that point.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
How about a new poll?
I watched a:
A) Really, really bad Bollywood film
B) Pro-wrestling
C) Neither

Choose one of the above.

A for me, as well.
blush.gif

It happens more than I'd like to admit.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
A for me, as well.
blush.gif

It happens more than I'd like to admit.

laugh.gif

We won't tell. Anyway, how could it possibly be worse than watching wrestling?
biggrin.gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I like how he's dressed outside of that LV ad. In it, there's nothing I really like.

And I'm not racist because I'm black!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads