• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lexus IS Convertible

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of any two door convertible made by BMW or Lexus. I do like the SL series.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So Fran, gonna buy this one? I must say, if I had to have a Japanese car, I'd probably pick the Lexus, but I have never even been remotely tempted to buy one..

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
So Fran, gonna buy this one? I must say, if I had to have a Japanese car, I'd probably pick the Lexus, but I have never even been remotely tempted to buy one..
No, I like the new Porsche Cayman best of all.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Went to the Atlanta auto show the other day and the car looks very nice in person but I think the rear is a bit heavy since it has to hide the collapsable roof. Otherwise a cool design.

Zinn

Reaction score
I don't think it looks so bad. With that said, I will also be taking a good look at the Infiniti G37 vert.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The 1 Series is nice but has too much of a bathtub shape for my tastes. I do like the new G37s I have seen. I find Infinity's color selection a bit off though.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
The 1 Series is nice but has too much of a bathtub shape for my tastes. I do like the new G37s I have seen. I find Infinity's color selection a bit off though.

I actually like the 1-series verts. As much as I hate to admit it, I did prefer the soft top on the M3, which is main reason I did not buy a convertible..

bmw-135i-convertible-wheel.jpg

112_0709_10z+2008_bmw_1_series_convertible+top_retracting.jpg

P0023322.JPG

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Something a little too Miata-like about the rear.

I thought it looked a bit like a Lincoln MKZ (rear)
pics-max-7803-324638-hr-springs-lincoln-mkz.jpg

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Gnatty,

That's a good photo but it still looks like a bathtub to my eyes. The new M Series is really cool however.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Gnatty,

That's a good photo but it still looks like a bathtub to my eyes. The new M Series is really cool however.

Yes, I would have to agree with you on that..
tounge.gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first think I thought of for some reason when I looked at the Lexus was "Pontiac".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads