• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Armoury Store in Tribeca

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No hate, we're just being the usual cheap ass

:)

I do hope they convince WW Chan to offer fittings via the Tribeca location. I've always been intrigued by Chan but cannot abide by their 'no-fittings U.S. Tour' model.

Last edited:

oshinex

Reaction score

:)

I do hope they convince WW Chan to offer fittings via the Tribeca location. I've always been intrigued by Chan but cannot abide by their 'no-fittings U.S. Tour' model.

I'm pretty sure they do offer as many fittings as you want. All you have to do is pay to have it shipped to you and then you ship it back to their shop. Has this changed?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
While they may offer fittings via that model, it hardly sounds ideal, and I imagine the shipping adds meaningfully to the cost.

Would certainly be nice if The Armoury guys could convince them to follow a more conventional traveling tailor model.

Last edited:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Quote:
What are their prices for Saint Crispin Shoes - Couple of years back they had many RTW models....

TC11201

Reaction score

While they may offer fittings via that model, it hardly sounds ideal, and I imagine the shipping adds meaningfully to the cost.

Would certainly be nice if The Armoury guys could convince them to follow a more conventional traveling tailor model.

Last I checked, Chan fittings add a little under $100 to the cost of a suit. It's just the back and forth shipping they charge, nothing else. On an average $1800 suit, it's a relatively minor addition. It does, however, add significantly to the time to delivery (2 months+ to an already lengthy process...)

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It would be awesome if this discussion was carried out in the Armoury affiliate thread. I remember when yfyf (Mark) was posting as a WAYWRN poster, and I remember when I refreshed the screen and I was introduced to the Armoury a few years ago with that thread.

Say what you will of their merchandise, if it is or isnt for you, thats your choice, but their ascent to the where they are now from that first post has been nothing short of extraordinary and I am extremely proud of them. Their successes in obtaining Ethan, the Drakes deal, and all their vendors have been documented in that thread, and I think opening this NY location should be as well. In 5 years time when they are in Tokyo and Sydney (speculation, of course), we can all look back on this discussion too.

My .02c.
+1. I, for one, and excited to visit the store (and to spend all the money I should be "saving". What is it the kids are saying these days "yolo". Kidding (not really).

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last I checked, Chan fittings add a little under $100 to the cost of a suit. It's just the back and forth shipping they charge, nothing else. On an average $1800 suit, it's a relatively minor addition. It does, however, add significantly to the time to delivery (2 months+ to an already lengthy process...)

Even with the extra two months the time is still comparable or a bit better than that of the normal travelling tailor. Even with the cost of the fitting, the price is still excellent by bespoke standards. And the fit is so much better for the first couple of garments I have never understood why they do not require a forward fitting and save some of their customers from walking around in suits that obviously need adjustment(s).

Bonggoy

Reaction score

$200 dollars plus the cost of shipping it back to them after basted fittings.

Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing how this all shapes up, have purchased a few things from them via email and in the physical store in HKG - should be interesting to see how they fair here. I am hoping it goes really well! Maybe tribeca will be a new "menswear" hot spot – I could certainly see how people would want to pop over the Greenwich hotel bar/courtyard for a drink. Seems to vibe well.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

fantastic, been looking to try on Ring Jacket products in the US

Khaki's of Carmel will be receiving their first order of Ring Jackets in August. They will be the first store in the US to handle the line. Jim Ockert, the owner of Khaki's of Carmel met with Kunichi Fukushima, president of Ring Jacket. They will have exclusive fabrics and cuts for the store. I plan to head down there next month to check them out as soon as they arrive.

http://thesilentist.com/post/49343723520/khakiscarmel-a-visit-from-ring-jacket-we-had

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads