• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need opinion on this wedding ring.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this ring is your thing, then go for it. You will never convince me, and many others on this site, that a man should wear jewelery of any kind, let alone diamonds. I have been married for 14 years, and have never worn a wedding ring.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Get a nice simple platinum or plain gold band. Hopefully you will be wearing it for a long time--better to go with something that will accommodate your changing tastes easily. Stones on men's rings can look either effeminate or gangster, but either way they make a statement.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laundry Troll
I believe that only a woman of the largest proportions would choose a ring even close to this size. The engagement ring I selected for my fiance has a similarly size main rock but is infinitely more delicate in construction. However, I don't want to undermine my appearance by wearing an overly effeminate ring so I guess I'll keep looking. I do want diamonds in my ring in some capacity though.

Why exactly? I could never see myself wearing a ring with diamonds in it personally. Go for solid platinum or something. Remember that you will have to look down at this ring EVERY day for the rest of your life [hopefully], so you may want to keep it simple.

alexanduh

Reaction score
yea. diamond a lil gay but if you like it go for it.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if you are a gangsta rapper - then this is a good thing. Else don't do it. Having a wedding band with a diamond will make you stand out from mainstream - unfortunately in the same way as a bright orange business suit would.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't do it unless you are a capo in one of the five families....
man's wedding ring=plain!

Aldehyde

Reaction score
You are going to be wearing this ring when you are 80 years old. Think you'll still like it?

I also will be getting married soon, but will be choosing a plain band.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Save your money and don't wear a ring. How about a nice wedding automatic wristwatch?

viator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
if you must have a diamond...

TeNo

But will that hold for a lifetime? I guess it's a small enough diamond that it's somewhat replaceable, but still, I am suspicious about durability.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
Save your money and don't wear a ring. How about a nice wedding automatic wristwatch?

Ridiculous? How about wearing both?

All this talk about diamonds being gay is also silly SF talk. This is coming from guys who wear pocket squares, beads and colorful socks.

Your much more original than your typical white gold plain band. However, try a rose gold, or your conventional, yet unconventional yellow gold. Diamonds optional. There's options for mesh types out there as an example.

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Ridiculous? How about wearing both?

All this talk about diamonds being gay is also silly SF talk. This is coming from guys who wear pocket squares, beads and colorful socks.

Your much more original than your typical white gold plain band. However, try a rose gold, or your conventional, yet unconventional yellow gold. Diamonds optional. There's options for mesh types out there as an example.

please send in a picture of your ungay male diamond set wedding ring.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aldehyde
You are going to be wearing this ring when you are 80 years old. Think you'll still like it?

I also will be getting married soon, but will be choosing a plain band.

I can see him wearing it for very long...

Go for a traditional wedding ring...

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting married - or sympathy as you will. A simple gold wedding band is most appropriate for a man not this piece of bling.

Try AVOID standing out!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads