• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nashville: Prince's Hot Chicken

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just daydreaming about Prince's Hot Chicken Shack in Nashville, TN. Anybody else a fan? Have a hot chicken recipe?

coachvu

Reaction score
Went there several times as an undergrad. Best place to go after a night of drinking.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, then you can say it's not the alcohol that has you in the can the whole next morning!

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Yeah, then you can say it's not the alcohol that has you in the can the whole next morning!

hmmm.... very classy.....

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
hmmm.... very classy.....
I thought about that when I typed it, but anyone who has eaten at Prince's understands the Love/Hate relationship. You just can't eat it before you fly or if you have early meetings the next day.

Nashville

Reaction score
I tried it once when I lived in Nashville the MILD was still too hot for me
bounce2.gif

coachvu

Reaction score
The first time we went, my friend ordered the medium. The security guard just laughed and went to the back to change his order to mild. It's a good thing he did, too.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually get one medium and one hot. And I always regret the hot. I have a friend who has never ordered anything but the extra hot. I can't comprehend. She actually puts more hot sauce on it, but I think that only cools it off.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across this thread while searching the forum for Nashville restaurant recommendations.

Tried Prince's this weekend. Wait was insane (~90 minutes after order), and the place is a complete dump, but food was amazing. I went with the mild due to comments here and on Yelp. Will definitely step up to medium next time, but still excellent. Thanks for the post, Ron.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Came across this thread while searching the forum for Nashville restaurant recommendations. Tried Prince's this weekend. Wait was insane (~90 minutes after order), and the place is a complete dump, but food was amazing. I went with the mild due to comments here and on Yelp. Will definitely step up to medium next time, but still excellent. Thanks for the post, Ron.
Glad you liked it... RE: dump, I think I saw a car radio getting stolen in the parking lot last time I was there.... but whatcha gonna do ? And the wait is that long b/c they hand fry each piece of chicken to order in a cast iron skillet... which is serious work for high volume times. I used to go late Tuesday nights, so it was a little lighter.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad you liked it...

RE: dump, I think I saw a car radio getting stolen in the parking lot last time I was there.... but whatcha gonna do ?

And the wait is that long b/c they hand fry each piece of chicken to order in a cast iron skillet... which is serious work for high volume times. I used to go late Tuesday nights, so it was a little lighter.

The stolen radio would not surprise me. I was happy to see that my car was still where I left it upon finally receiving my order. In hindsight, I probably should have hidden the GPS.

Yelp reviewers all mentioned the wait, so it wasn't much of a surprise. I went at 3:00 PM hoping to get in between the lunch and dinner crowds, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Despite the above, can't wait to go back. Definitely the type of place you miss when you no longer live in the area.

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
I went last year during a business trip. It's possibly the best chicken I've ever eaten. Got the medium. It was hot enough, but I can't imagine putting down the extra hot.

Someone else I was with recommended Loveless Cafe for their chicken, so we also went there. It doesn't even hold a candle to Prince's.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool, I'll be in Nashville in Feb, hope to stop in.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
cool, I'll be in Nashville in Feb, hope to stop in.
Pro Tip: It's closed on Monday... I've messed that up a few times... and it's out of the way, so there's not really something else to get around there. Funny story... the first time I went, I got lost on the way. I stopped at a gas station, where I was going to ask for directions... I saw a guy in a car eating a chicken leg. I was going to knock on his window, thinking he must have gotten it at Prince's, until I got closer and noticed he was rolling a joint.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pro Tip: It's closed on Monday... I've messed that up a few times... and it's out of the way, so there's not really something else to get around there.

Funny story... the first time I went, I got lost on the way. I stopped at a gas station, where I was going to ask for directions... I saw a guy in a car eating a chicken leg. I was going to knock on his window, thinking he must have gotten it at Prince's, until I got closer and noticed he was rolling a joint.

a joint the size of a chicken leg, that sounds like a serious joint.

thanks for the tip, I think it'll be on the weekend.

driving from chicago to orlando, way down through nashville way back through memphis

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads