• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
I think the Sulphur Dye is to help keep the color.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ceoceo
Will they smell like rotten egg like sulpher does?

I had three pair of black Simon Miller jeans a few years ago that began to reek horribly of sulphur (and at different points too. One time, it was a direct result of leaving it in the trunk of my car on a hot day.) I think this is why Simon Miller stopped selling black jeans. I wrote them about it but they never responded.

I haven't heard of other brands having issues with sulphur-dyed jeans turning 'rotten', so to speak. My Blue Owl x Triple Works sulphur-dyed jeans are great so far.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY

I haven't heard of other brands having issues with sulphur-dyed jeans turning 'rotten', so to speak. My Blue Owl x Triple Works sulphur-dyed jeans are great so far.

Pics plz
biggrin.gif
I was thinking about getting one during the flash sale but wasnt so sure..
Maybe I might get a pair on next sale

jeans12345

Reaction score
Hi,

Purchased 2 pairs of N&F jeans online... Previously had owned the black "powerstretch" in a size 30 and they were like my favorite pair of jeans, I liked how they stretched out, but they were a little too loose around the waist... So this time I decided to buy truer to my real waist size and buy in 29.

But now that I got 'em I'm kinda worried about the fits. I can't remember how much they stretch or shrink. I don't particularily care about fades and stacking, I just liked how my old ones fit me (except at the waist).

Can anybody give me fit advice?

One of my purchases is a pair of waist 29 "powerstretch" jeans (I think 95% denim and 5% rayon or something), but they are currently very tight around the the thighs (almost like jeggings, not cute on a guy I don't think) and a little too tight around the butt too. The fit is pretty good at the waist though, but bordering on too tight (I'm very skinny but you can see a TINY little bit of skin hanging over the sides...

The other is a pair of size 29 "skinny guy" jeans that fit pretty well everywhere except the crotch where I have to button the bottom button of the button fly before I put them on... I can get them on at that point, but it sort of gives me a case of "camel nose" (or whatever the term would be) in that you can kind of see my bulge (forgive me for being graphic).

There's so many conflicting things on the internet about whether the jeans shrink or stretch... I'm feeling a bit paralyzed as to whether to wear them or try to return them. Any thoughts? Your help is appreciated.

malcolm4819

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeans12345
Hi, Purchased 2 pairs of N&F jeans online... Previously had owned the black "powerstretch" in a size 30 and they were like my favorite pair of jeans, I liked how they stretched out, but they were a little too loose around the waist... So this time I decided to buy truer to my real waist size and buy in 29. But now that I got 'em I'm kinda worried about the fits. I can't remember how much they stretch or shrink. I don't particularily care about fades and stacking, I just liked how my old ones fit me (except at the waist). Can anybody give me fit advice? One of my purchases is a pair of waist 29 "powerstretch" jeans (I think 95% denim and 5% rayon or something), but they are currently very tight around the the thighs (almost like jeggings, not cute on a guy I don't think) and a little too tight around the butt too. The fit is pretty good at the waist though, but bordering on too tight (I'm very skinny but you can see a TINY little bit of skin hanging over the sides... The other is a pair of size 29 "skinny guy" jeans that fit pretty well everywhere except the crotch where I have to button the bottom button of the button fly before I put them on... I can get them on at that point, but it sort of gives me a case of "camel nose" (or whatever the term would be) in that you can kind of see my bulge (forgive me for being graphic). There's so many conflicting things on the internet about whether the jeans shrink or stretch... I'm feeling a bit paralyzed as to whether to wear them or try to return them. Any thoughts? Your help is appreciated.
Return em and get a size 30 lol @ camel toe (seriously? ew)

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should probably be returning both of those.

You don't say what cut the sz 30 or the sz 29 powerstretch are so you've really shot yourself in the foot here for getting advice. A measurement of where your jeans sit would also be useful.

Because of these simple errors, I would assume you are generally new at this and would suggest you avoid buying powerstretch. You are asking questions about shrink and stretch while buying a fabric that is elastic...

jeans12345

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
You should probably be returning both of those.

You don't say what cut the sz 30 or the sz 29 powerstretch are so you've really shot yourself in the foot here for getting advice. A measurement of where your jeans sit would also be useful.

Because of these simple errors, I would assume you are generally new at this and would suggest you avoid buying powerstretch. You are asking questions about shrink and stretch while buying a fabric that is elastic...

Sorry, I thought that the black "powerstretch" jeans only came in the "skinny guy" cut. That is what they are.

And the blue jeans (which aren't stretch, they are denim) are "skinny guy" which if you look again I did note in my original post.

abcdenim

Reaction score
the bulge is never a good look haha, but i'm a little confused by your post.. When you said you had to button one up before putting them on, does that mean you can do all the buttons up? or is just the bottom one you can do? If you can most of them up, or all of them, then your jeans should be okay since they'll stretch out with a little wear. just pull them down a bit for now so they're not riding up your crotch. With the skinnyguys a lot of people tend to size up 1 or go tts, but going tts means a pretty accurate measurement of where you are actually going to wear those jeans. so take that into consideration if you return or for future purchases. let us know a little but more on how its fitting right now so we can help out a bit better!

jeans12345

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abcdenim
the bulge is never a good look haha, but i'm a little confused by your post.. When you said you had to button one up before putting them on, does that mean you can do all the buttons up? or is just the bottom one you can do? If you can most of them up, or all of them, then your jeans should be okay since they'll stretch out with a little wear. just pull them down a bit for now so they're not riding up your crotch. With the skinnyguys a lot of people tend to size up 1 or go tts, but going tts means a pretty accurate measurement of where you are actually going to wear those jeans. so take that into consideration if you return or for future purchases. let us know a little but more on how its fitting right now so we can help out a bit better!

Thanks! I meant that I can button them all up, but I have to button the very bottom button before I put them on because it's stiff denim and a little tight down there. When you say that going tts means a pretty accurate measurement of where I am going to wear the jeans do you mean the point on my body where the waist of the jeans sits on my torso? Just need a clarification so that I can measure...

Also I noticed that if I readjust things a bit down there the "bulge" goes away (mostly anyway)...
smile.gif

Thanks for the help!

jeans12345

Reaction score
To really clarify my question a bit, I was asking will they loosen up because they are so tough and "give" a bit more where it's tight, or will they shrink a bunch when I wash them because they are unwashed? Or both? I don't know, I'm just trying to get some answers from people who have actually worn the brand, because so much of the advice that I've read on the internet about raw denim is conflicting...

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone tried putting there oxford button down shirts in the washing machine ?
it says dry clean only but id rather not for a cheap'ish shirt

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeans12345
To really clarify my question a bit, I was asking will they loosen up because they are so tough and "give" a bit more where it's tight, or will they shrink a bunch when I wash them because they are unwashed? Or both? I don't know, I'm just trying to get some answers from people who have actually worn the brand, because so much of the advice that I've read on the internet about raw denim is conflicting...

If you mean the powerstretch pair, I don't know. Intuition says they won't shrink.

If you mean the "denim" pair, have you ever even said what fabric they are?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettearrison