• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Tom Ford suit fit opinions?

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Hi All

I tried a Tom Ford suit on yesterday and just wondered what you thought of the fit?

The photo isn't the best taken with my phone but hopefully is enough to get some feedback. FYI I'm about 6 kilos over my usual weight at present but starting the gym again tomorrow.

Thanks

Darren

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your "hands in pockets, holding up camera, dark suit in front of dark background" photo makes it almost impossible to give meaningful feedback. If you bought a TF mtm, then it probably looks fine.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your "hands in pockets, holding up camera, dark suit in front of dark background" photo makes it almost impossible to give meaningful feedback. If you bought a TF mtm, then it probably looks fine.

+1

AdamWill

Reaction score
see the instructions: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/...dback-and-alteration-suggestions#post_4815508 . and honestly, you may as well just post in that thread; it's the most likely place to get useful feedback.

it seems to be a theme on SF that people say they're over their 'normal weight' right now but they're going to hit the gym REALLY SOON, honest. I can't help wondering how many of those people are being entirely honest with themselves =)

(personally I've been over what I still fondly imagine is my 'normal weight' for three years and am definitely going to get around to stopping eating cookies any day now...)

Last edited:

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Thanks, yes that was the Tom Ford changing room unfortunately and the only way I could take a photo.

Thank you for the link (I'm new to the site) and can guarantee re the weight loss. For personal reasons I've not been able to exercise for the last few months but I'm good to go now.

Last edited:

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Thanks R.M. Yes this is an OTR so if I do purchase it I'd definitely be getting the sleeves shortened.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it black??

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Yes but it's made it look grey when I've lightened the photo to get a better view of the fit, the Tom Ford changing rooms are really dark.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I own no black suits...

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Likewise.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't really tell because of the way you are standing but its looks ok from what i can see. If you are in NYC ask for Mario Lopez he's one of the more experienced guys there, he will set you right in regards to the sleeve length, lowering the collar if needed etc. But word of advise you might wanna lose the weight first before purchasing and altering the suit. Also as other posters have said try to stay away from black, if you want their midnight blue looks black in certain lightings but dosent have the dullness that just regular black has

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Having lost a stone in weight I'm back in the market for a TF suit. I tried this one on which is a 50 as recommended by the SA however the SA at TF in Selfridges recommended a 48, what do you guys think? The pic below is the 50 in a Windsor (what base is that?) the 48 was a Base A but I don't have a pic however it felt tight in the upper arms as soon as I moved.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members