• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My dog ate my Park Avenue... (time to upgrade)

makushin

Reaction score
My dog ate one of my AE park avenues. It is beyond repair. I'm looking for something at a similar pricepoint that is not so bulbous and clunky. I need the replacements in the next 2 weeks and I'm not finding much. Please don't tell me I have to spring for another pair of park avenues, I'm looking at this as an opportunity to replace them with something more sleek. They still need to be an interview type shoe. Any ideas?

(For Sale: 1 Left AE Park Ave 8.5D, excell cond.)

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your not throwing in the dog with the shoe?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you can go an extra $95, you could get these Marteganis:

http://www.francos.com/items/item.asp?sku5=29188

Or you could take advantage of Brooks' sale. They have a nice looking pair of perfed captoes for $351. They're out of 8.5 in black online, but you might be able to track a pair down at your local store, or you could buy the wrong size and exchange it later.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black

If you want something a little funky:

http://www.benniesshoes.com/catalog/SHM/GR/8130-01.html

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
for another $400+ or so, you can get a very elegant but avant garde semibrogue from me

Picture003.jpg

Picture007.jpg

one size 8 (fits 8.5D) available.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 348 last is really pointed. The Audley might be less of a shock to a PA wearer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads