• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must haves for desk/office?

CTLION

Reaction score
I decorate my office with my collection of golf art and golf antiques.on the walls antique golf art from the 1700 and 1800's and it's topped off with a life size bronze bust of Bobby Jones that was made for Jones himself.

I love golf so my office is about helping me relax.

As far as my view...I look out at Palm Trees so no complaints.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I decorate my office with my collection of the panties of loose women.

I should think about adding some life size bust.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently OTC is a bartender at Coyote Ugly.

CTLION

Reaction score
The coolest thing in my office is a life size bronze bust of Bobby Jones that was made for Bobby Jones himself. It is #1 of 8 and #2 of 8 is in the trophy room of Augusta National.

Funny story...one of my reports walked into my office a month ago and asked if the bronze bust was me. I looked her in the face and said, "do you think I am that vain?" I told her who it was and she had no idea.

For those of you who don't know Bobby Jones was one of the greatest Golfers of all-time, won the Grand Slam as an amateur and retired at the age of 28 only to build Augusta National which hosts the Masters Tournament. He is also my photo icon.

rexthedestroyer

Reaction score

The coolest thing in my office is a life size bronze bust of Bobby Jones that was made for Bobby Jones himself. It is #1 of 8 and #2 of 8 is in the trophy room of Augusta National.

Funny story...one of my reports walked into my office a month ago and asked if the bronze bust was me. I looked her in the face and said, "do you think I am that vain?" I told her who it was and she had no idea.

For those of you who don't know Bobby Jones was one of the greatest Golfers of all-time, won the Grand Slam as an amateur and retired at the age of 28 only to build Augusta National which hosts the Masters Tournament. He is also my photo icon.

Cool story bro.

I mean seriously, that is pretty cool!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It was cooler the first time he told it. Like, three posts earlier.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this amazing device, but I keep it in a drawer since it's plastic: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072OFTG2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a stapleless stapler. It holds pages together like this:

It cuts a section of the paper, then folds them back and pushed through a ****. No dirty jokes please. When you put the corner of papers inside the stapleless stapler, it has a guide for the corner of the papers so that it always stapleless staples at the correct angle. It's the best conversation starter there ever was. It has added a lot to my mystique around the office since I've started using it. No one else has a stapleless stapler either, so if they see a stapleless staple on some papers, they know it's from me.

aldenfan

Reaction score
I've been looking at upgrading my setup at work. I work in a cubicle, so my setup isn't nearly as classy as a lot of the ones you guys are describing. However, I'm looking to make it more professional and also more inviting.

I'm thinking about the following:

1. Maybe some type of small coat rack to hang my coat on when I wear one. Also perhaps a spare sportcoat, dress shirt, and tie in a garment bag that I leave on the rack for times when I am dressed more casually but then get called to go to a client site or to attend a meeting. Maybe keep the spare shirt bagged in a drawer instead of in the garment bag.

2. A personal hygiene kit that includes floss, toothpaste/toothbrush, haircomb and gel, shoe brush and rags for when my shoes get wet or scuffed, an umbrella, lint roller. Aspirin, antiacid, mints.

3. Some type of fancy bowl (glass?) to hold some candy that people who stop by will like. I don't eat much candy myself personally, but I'm thinking having it there for people might be helpful. Also maybe a bag of healthy trail mix to keep in my drawer for myself when I need something and I don't have time or want to eat something from a vending machine.

4. Some nice herbal and regular green/black teas and a nice cup for the times when it is cold or I'm tired. The cup I have currently isn't very professional. It is a coffee mug with balloons on it. I know it probably sounds stupid, but I used to drink cup after cup of tea in it when I studied at college so using that cup reminds me of how hard I've worked and how far I've come. I'm thinking keeping that cup at home might make for a more professional appearance though so maybe I should use a different one at work.

5. Bringing in a second 24inch widescreen monitor. I already brought in one of mine but my secondary monitor is a 19inch non-widescreen that my company issues. A second 24 inch one will allow so much more screen real estate and productivity.

6. Brita water pitcher. Fill it up with water to filter and place in the shared office fridge when I leave work. Then leave it on my desk the next day to make sure I drink enough water. Noticed that I have been less healthy and I think dehydration could be making matters worse.

7. Upgrading to a wireless keyboard and mouse. Less clutter on my desk.

8. Upgrading to higher quality headphones (including possibly wireless ones). I use really cheap ones now to listen to music.

9. Curating a list of good books to have on my desk to either read, use as a discussion topic, or if I'm being honest, impress people.

10. Possibly a gym bag with gym clothes for the nights I work late and want to use the company gym before I head home for the evening. I always forget to bring my gym clothes in the morning.

11. Some type of personal or interesting desk piece for a conversation starter.

Anybody have thoughts or do something similar for those things? Reading the thread it seems some of these things people do. Not sure on the coat rack. Especially since I work in a cube I'm not sure if it is weird to have one.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I do is use some different color papers. My legal pad has light blue paper, copies of letters I sent are on yellow paper, incoming faxes are on green paper. Helps you find things when the Penske file gets too big.

I also have a set of throwing knives in my desk drawer in case **** gets real.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a new job recently. The building is strange. The office is in a little building that is inside the giant warehouse. My department has it's room with a window into the warehouse. Since I've started working this job, my skin has been dry. I suspect it's because the warehouse is full of cardboard boxes, so it saps all the moisture out of the air that eventually reaches my window into the warehouse.

I have brought in a humidifier from home. My skin was great this week. Other's in my department have noticed the same.

austinite

Reaction score

Headphones to tune out ur annoying co workers

This is a lifesaver for me.. Especially for the people that feel the need to hold a daily 20 minute personal call in front of the entire office. (luckily one of the guys who always did this got fired)

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just had a glass whiteboard put in my office, as well as a ceiling-mounted projector that throws an image onto it. I was a little nervous about doing it, wondering if they'd end up being toys I never used, but I've been doing smaller 2-3 person meetings in my office and using both all the time. They're awesome productivity tools.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads