• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moustache bleach?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever bleached their upper lip?

I realize this is more of a feminine thing, but I'm not sure what I should do about my moustache.
Even being years out of puberty I don't have enough facial hair to grow a beard, my upper lip has more hair but is still to thin to grow a moustache (not that I want facial hair).
Despite this even after a thorough shave my upper lip still looks dark (and it's the only part of my face that has this stubble) the effect of this is to make me look like that kid in jr high who had a wispy moustache.
It wouldn;t be so bad if the rest of my face had stubble, but I feel it makes me look young and immature.

ts4them

Reaction score
I don't know, depends on how dark your skintone is. I've never liked this look on girls that's for sure, maybe try getting it waxed. What razor are you using?

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ts4them
What razor are you using?

+1. WTF? Bleaching because your stubble is too dark?

I'm at a loss, very much reminded, of the pimple on my hemorrhoid, thread.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, yeah it's kinda silly.

I use a Mach 3. Really I'm just bad at explaining this, you know how even after a close, good shave you may not be able to feel any hair, but you can see it (the bottom of the folicle where it was cut off).
My problem is that on me that only appears on my upper lip.

Really, it's most liekly one of those little quirks one notices only on himself.

m_wave

Reaction score
why not try electrolosis or *doctor evil voice* "laser"

ts4them

Reaction score
^^I was going to suggest the laser as well actually, you need a few treatments but the results are good (depending on the laser and color of hair and skin).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads