• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Deuce

Reaction score
Well, I will only be on dirt road until I get out of my neighborhood (3 miles) then once I get into town I definitely agree that turn signals and a good brake light will be a good idea.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you ride this Panigale?

pieroban-ducati-1199-panigale-krax-moto.jpg

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, with higher bars. It looks a little busy, could use a tail and a belly pan I think just to remove some clutter

Whooo I can only imagine a Panigale with some upright bars

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is the trellis on it just decorative? I don't mind the frameless design of the Panigale per se, just that it seems to not be doing well for them racing. Of course, since I am basically a poseur and have only tracked my old Ninja 250 a couple of times, not sure if that matters.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
19033819db5f543e1a2240cf853426d61d549afa.jpg
\

19033817d10084819c448944396c1266c31a9892.jpg

If you send me a pm I might know a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy that might have a link

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, over the winter I replaced the intake seals on my bike, and checked that I had the appropriate jets in the carb and replaced some gaskets. I guess buell/harley guys recommend replacing the intake seals every ~3 years, and mine were the original from '97. Bike now richer across the board, which is to be expected, but throttle response much better. But... I still get damn hiccups at low rpm's under light throttle / low load, which was the main reason I wanted to attack the seals/carb. I think that requires a needle adjustment or something for low throttle/load enrichment, as it goes away when I pull the choke out a bit. It's rich at idle, though. It's better than before, but still annoying when I'm trying to cruise at low rpm's. Before it would hiccup whenever I tried to rev match when dropping gears, which was super annoying. Not sure if I should even bother to adjust it, or just chalk it up to typical Harley issues. I'm more comfortable with adjusting fuel maps on a PC than messing with a carb. Sad.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This winter has been one of the more disheartening I can remember. So I bought myself a little pick me up for my birthday. Decision made.

Haven't taken her home yet and all her fancy clothes are still on order, but here's my new girl, getting prepped in the shop:

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This winter has been one of the more disheartening I can remember. So I bought myself a little pick me up for my birthday. Decision made.

Haven't taken her home yet and all her fancy clothes are still on order, but here's my new girl, getting prepped in the shop:

Even though I hate those "new" lights, it is still a sweet ass bike

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet Triumph Boston; deets?
Well what's to say...

It's a 2014 Triumph Street Triple R. 105 BHP @ 11,850RPM and 68NM torque at 9,750RPM. The most perfectly linear power band of any middleweight, adjustable Ohlin's suspension, Brembo brakes w/ABS and a dry weight of 368lbs. She'll be a fully dressed, white sport standard with a seat cowl, belly pan and fly screen, sporting red accents in the gear actuator and rear axle bobbins and protected by Triumph axle and frame sliders, a Rizoma crankcase guard and an R&G alternator cover.

She's a bit more nimble than my cuiser:
0.jpg

And perhaps a bit more stylish:

0.jpg

Even though I hate those "new" lights, it is still a sweet ass bike

Round lights are outdated. Welcome to big lights with sharp angles that paint the road with usable light.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads