• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Speaking of accidents, and just another illustration of why I will not ride a bike down here, I watched an elderly gentleman go from the left turn lane into the right and actually bump into a bike. Drove the guy off the road where he crashed (wasn't too bad amazingly) and wrecked his bike. Old guy just kept on going.

Hope your friend gets better Kookz

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Agree with this. Excellent bike for someone just starting out, given its agility and nimbleness. You probably wouldn't need to worry about outgrowing it either. The stock Bonneville (not the SE or T100, but plain old Bonneville) starts around $7,750 to $8,000 and has a great look to it also:

triumph_bonneville.jpg

09_Triumph_Bonneville_T100_static.jpg

I'm contemplating getting my class M license and I have my eye on a Triumph Bonnaville because the "Ninja" bikes and the Harley Davidson lifestyle just does not appeal to me.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
I'm contemplating getting my class M license and I have my eye on a Triumph Bonnaville because the "Ninja" bikes and the Harley Davidson lifestyle just does not appeal to me.

Although the Bonneville is a great choice, I wouldn't write off Harley Davidson simply because of this lifestyle issue. They make a very large array of bikes, in all different classes, and all different price points. Not every Harley Davidson is a massive cruiser with farings, hard case saddlebags and seating for 3. I'd check them out and at least if you end up with the Triumph, it's because you tried the alternatives.

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rohde88
were you hanging the bike from a water pipe? I've seen them break, not pretty
smile.gif

Yeah, sewage pipe. Would have been ****** if it broke! It's a new 4" steel pipe and we hung it close to the anchors which are two steel expansion bolts, very strong when well placed. We both hung from it (about 400 lbs) and the bike is no heavier than that, so we weren't worried.

Originally Posted by bubbleboys
was he wearing gear?
either ways, hope he heals up soon

He had on a full-face Arai helmet, leather jacket (heavy but no armor), jeans and desert boots. Armor on the shoulders probably would have helped, but I think considering we were doing a 1 mile ride in each direction for dinner, we did pretty well dressing where most people wouldn't have.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was parked outside my place yesterday...
4907451219_2c99060ffe_z.jpg
4907451217_25aa12b3f5_b.jpg
What is it?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
This was parked outside my place yesterday...
What is it?

Looks cool, am assuming given the size, that it's closer to a moped than a motorcycle, since I cannot see that being very safe at highway speeds..

bubbleboys

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
He had on a full-face Arai helmet, leather jacket (heavy but no armor), jeans and desert boots. Armor on the shoulders probably would have helped, but I think considering we were doing a 1 mile ride in each direction for dinner, we did pretty well dressing where most people wouldn't have.

that's good to hear, too many people think that just because a ride is short they won't get in an accident. Glad you and your friend were smarter than that.

bubbleboys

Reaction score
Looks cool, am assuming given the size, that it's closer to a moped than a motorcycle, since I cannot see that being very safe at highway speeds..

+1

its very interesting looking and unique but i'm gonna give it a thumbs down

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice 120 mile ride today... spun and tipped over while turning and parking on gravel
facepalm.gif
but managed to save it an inch away form the ground
worship.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
(Coming thursday I will try for my licence, then I have to wait a week for it to be processed, then get a new rear tire, and I'll be somewhat cool with a DR 800s)
Today, I finally got my licence, that is, tomorrow I'll be able to requisite it at the municipal government and then in one week I'll have it.
bounce2.gif
And yes, in the Netherlands, congratulations are in order.
smile.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really starting to want to go to an adventure bike though, I find sooo many cool looking dirt roads that I'd rather not try out on the current bike..
frown.gif

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although the Bonneville is a great choice, I wouldn't write off Harley Davidson simply because of this lifestyle issue. They make a very large array of bikes, in all different classes, and all different price points. Not every Harley Davidson is a massive cruiser with farings, hard case saddlebags and seating for 3. I'd check them out and at least if you end up with the Triumph, it's because you tried the alternatives.

Had a look at the 2011 HD line up and none of it floats my boat. Now having scanned through this thread I saw enough shots of the Ducati Sportclassic GT1000 and references to the Monster I guess the precursor to the 696 to make me consider the Italian option.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Today, I finally got my licence, that is, tomorrow I'll be able to requisite it at the municipal government and then in one week I'll have it.
bounce2.gif

And yes, in the Netherlands, congratulations are in order.
smile.gif

Congratulations..

Originally Posted by Bill Smith
Had a look at the 2011 HD line up and none of it floats my boat. Now having scanned through this thread I saw enough shots of the Ducati Sportclassic GT1000 and references to the Monster I guess the precursor to the 696 to make me consider the Italian option.

The new Sportster superlows look way cool, and retro in the way a Bonneville does:

sportster_superlow.jpg

2011_HarleyDavidson_SuperLow_11.jpg

HD-SL-action_21.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads