• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most comfortable & stylish shoes you ever owned

heavyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
maftei - bespoke
gyula kiss - custom made
jenö kovacs - custom made
istvan feher - custom made
christian hofstätter - bespoke

wow
worship.gif

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to start a new thread for the topic, but luckily found this one. I hope the mods don't mind my bumping a very old topic as it keeps the forum from getting clogged.

So: based on the opinion of your feet, which factories make the most comfortable RTW smart shoes?

staxringold

Reaction score
I have very limited (basically no) experience with the true high end of shoemakers (closest was perhaps holding some pairs of Vass while in Budapest). But I have to say, I have a pair of Cole Haans that are crazy comfortable.

atia2

Reaction score
I imagine RTW comfort is governed by the compatibility of last with foot. For me, my EG Malverns on the 88 (for Foster & Son) have always felt like walking on air. No breaking in required.

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
I find my G&G Decos to be my best fitting shoes and are also in my opinion my most stylish. I think a large proportion of the Deco's feeling of being well fitted is the narrowness of the waist and around the heel. My feet are quite narrow in those areas and are relatively normal across the vamp so as RTW shoes go I would expect these to fit the best as the are the most exaggerated shoes I have found for these measurements

An honourable mention ought to go to my Zonkey Boots on the Sailor last - very comfortable but more spacious. They are more like wearing a pair of slippers and I wear thicker socks with those which I think looks appropriate too as they are much more casual styles and dress socks would look wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads