• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most comfortable & stylish shoes you ever owned

Ryan Graber

Reaction score
Suprisingly my most comfortable pair of shoes, is a wonderful pair of Doucal's I picked up at the Nordstrom Rack on a whim a few months back.

eclipse75

Reaction score
some old vans. were black with white rubber soles. i put those shoes through hell. snow, basketball, mud, plenty of running, etc. they double stitched the soles to the shoe so the sole actually wore through and thats why i had to get rid of them. with them being so worn, they were very comfy
smile.gif
looked like a standard tennis shoe. vans makes good quality shoes.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superego
It's odd. I love my AE, but by the end of the day, I'm ready to get them off my feet. Can anyone legitimately say any high-quality dress shoes are comfortable?

Artioli and a.testoni, feel as good at the end of the day as the beginning from my experience.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
My shoe collection isn't large but I do have a decent number of mid-range shoes (Allen Edmonds and Church's). Still, the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever had are a pair of black, thin rubber soled chukka boots from Bacchrach that I bought for like $40 when I was in college. I could literally walk all day in them even on hard surfaces and my feet would feel great. I even ran in them (out of necessity of course) several times and they were up for that too. It was kind of amazing how comfortable they were.

Edit: Somehow missed the caveat of the shoes being stylish as well...those chukkas certainly wouldn't make the top of that list. If I was going for a combination of style and comfort maybe my Church's single monks on the 173 last (I think the model name is "Becket"). Not the sleekest shoe I own, but very comfortable and works very well with everything from jeans to a more casual suit.

emptym

Reaction score
Alfred Sargent suede slip-ons. A calfskin version arrived today.

Sorry Mafoo, but I think it may be the true OneShoe.
I'll post pics tomorrow.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsaltzma
Ecco's are extremely comfortable. Mephisto are the closest i've tried, but they some wouldn't consider those dress shoes either. They are very comfortable, but their dressiest compares in no way to AE.

I remember when I first tried on a Park Avenue. The salesman advised me (quite correctly) that an Ecco or Mephisto would fit better, but the difference in elegance was just staggering.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heschung chukka's are my most comfortable pair.
I bought the c&j tetburys to take their place but I haven't broken them in properly yet.
Most stylish + comfortable C&J handgrades on the last between chiseled and round, kind of oval yet not overly pointy. I am not nerdy enough to memorise last numbers, sorry.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superego
It's odd. I love my AE, but by the end of the day, I'm ready to get them off my feet. Can anyone legitimately say any high-quality dress shoes are comfortable?

I've heard Ecco are like sneakers, but I don't really consider them dress shoes, per se.

Almost all of my Alden's are more comfortable than my running shoes and I like wearing them. I have a couple of pair on odd lasts that are not as comfortable but they are getting there. The ones that do not fit as well are on the Plaza and Grant lasts and were never fitted properly at the store. They smooshed my pinky toe but now that is not even a problem. I get a lot of arch support and never notice the weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads