• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

pazzion

Reaction score
I would just guess that you're wearing jeans a size too small..

Try sizing up one and see if they last any longer..
smile.gif

I'll try the 0201's next time, and I'll try a bigger size as well! Though I have a pair of JB0412 to work on first as well, so a new pair of denim isn't planned until winter. :) Thank you for you help!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'll try the 0201's next time, and I'll try a bigger size as well! Though I have a pair of JB0412 to work on first as well, so a new pair of denim isn't planned until winter. :) Thank you for you help!

You're very welcome:):):)

thinktankz

Reaction score
Anyone got experience deal with Okayama Denim?why their staff really hard to reply the e-mail?my order pending for shipping since 22 April until now

dusttruffle

Reaction score

if you go from 701 -> 201 stay the same size. 701 fit a size smaller than 201.

persco

Reaction score
Anyone got experience deal with Okayama Denim?why their staff really hard to reply the e-mail?my order pending for shipping since 22 April until now

I've had the same trouble getting a response from them. I'm not ordering until they reply. I've tried for a week to get a reply to my emails.

I want to order a pair of raw 0701s but I'm not sure what size to get. It looks like the tag size is the end size (i.e., after a wash), but I can't verify this anywhere.

zola

Reaction score
Last week I had the chance to try 2 different Momotaro Jeans (The G007 and the 0705SP) and some Japan Blue ones in person:

I am pretty sure now about my correct size (sized up by one in Momotaro, stayed with my usual size in JB).

But although this has been discussed here many time, I still have some questions:

- what is the difference between old blue (G007) and deep blue (G017) indigo?
- is the fit exactly the same comparing 0705SP and ER007?
- is the indigo / color the same comparing G007 and 0705SP and the main difference one ounce? (14.7 vs. 15.7 oz)

- is it right to say, that Momotaros are a more classic fit and Japan Blue is a more modern / more tapered fit?

Thanks so much for your help!

Z

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had the same trouble getting a response from them. I'm not ordering until they reply. I've tried for a week to get a reply to my emails.

I want to order a pair of raw 0701s but I'm not sure what size to get. It looks like the tag size is the end size (i.e., after a wash), but I can't verify this anywhere.

Go TTS or size up one for a more relaxed slimmish fit.

Last week I had the chance to try 2 different Momotaro Jeans (The G007 and the 0705SP) and some Japan Blue ones in person:

I am pretty sure now about my correct size (sized up by one in Momotaro, stayed with my usual size in JB).

But although this has been discussed here many time, I still have some questions:

- what is the difference between old blue (G007) and deep blue (G017) indigo?
- is the fit exactly the same comparing 0705SP and ER007?
- is the indigo / color the same comparing G007 and 0705SP and the main difference one ounce? (14.7 vs. 15.7 oz)

- is it right to say, that Momotaros are a more classic fit and Japan Blue is a more modern / more tapered fit?

Thanks so much for your help!

Z

Old Blue is a somewhat lighter shade of indigo reminiscent of the indigo color back in the days. The first Copper Label releases (G00x) feature this color. The G0xx models are the same shade as GTB and Vintage Label.
The differences go further than weight and colour alone though. Detailing is different also, like natural indigo dyed waistline and pocket bags, copper coloured hardware and a fat riveted patch. A peach arcuate is also present on the right backpocket. The jeans do not feature the white tab, the Vintage and GTB labels do have.
The fabric is 14.7 oz. Comes One Wash only and is a somewhat different fabric than the other labels.
ER007, 0705SP and G007/G017 are largely the same cutwise. Little differences appear because of the nature of the handconstructed garments and the difference in raw vs. one wash variants.

Last but not least G00x series are not the same color as the 0705SP. You should look into the G0xx series then. ER007 is completely different as it features a fabric that is more like 0702/0202. The color is much darker because of the black weft.

All models are sanforized or one washed, unless you opt for the Vintage Label denim. One wash denim is cold washed in the Seto sea, which essentially means the jeans are ready to wear but in my opinion residual shrinkage could be left due to the low temparature of seawater washing.

zola

Reaction score
Go TTS or size up one for a more relaxed slimmish fit.
Old Blue is a somewhat lighter shade of indigo reminiscent of the indigo color back in the days. The first Copper Label releases (G00x) feature this color. The G0xx models are the same shade as GTB and Vintage Label.
The differences go further than weight and colour alone though. Detailing is different also, like natural indigo dyed waistline and pocket bags, copper coloured hardware and a fat riveted patch. A peach arcuate is also present on the right backpocket. The jeans do not feature the white tab, the Vintage and GTB labels do have.
The fabric is 14.7 oz. Comes One Wash only and is a somewhat different fabric than the other labels.
ER007, 0705SP and G007/G017 are largely the same cutwise. Little differences appear because of the nature of the handconstructed garments and the difference in raw vs. one wash variants.

Last but not least G00x series are not the same color as the 0705SP. You should look into the G0xx series then. ER007 is completely different as it features a fabric that is more like 0702/0202. The color is much darker because of the black weft.

All models are sanforized or one washed, unless you opt for the Vintage Label denim. One wash denim is cold washed in the Seto sea, which essentially means the jeans are ready to wear but in my opinion residual shrinkage could be left due to the low temparature of seawater washing.
Thanks Mistral for your very detailed answer! Will the difference in weight (14.7 vs. 15.7) matter fading-wise? I´m not too keen on the battle stripes and prefer a clean look..

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No the weight will not matter that much. The fading characteristics are different because the difference in fabric. The cotton/fabric used on the denim in Copper Label denim is the same as is used in their dress shirts, so I was told.
They fade great, that is, if you are willing to commit to them (no different in aspect to their other denims). I've seen some good evolution on the denim itself. They are a joy to wear too, because they are really comfortable from the minute you put them on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads