• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Tailor.com review - my experience

viator

Reaction score
It looks like you could take in the armhold measurement a bit, and the shoulder measurement by a hair. As you said the waist could come in a bit as well. Are the sleeves a bit short? It seems to be riding up high on the arm that's holding the camera.

MrInvariant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viator
Has anyone tried P174 or P175? These are 2-ply 100s fabrics that are on sale this week.

I would also be interested in this. FYI these are the two white fabrics on sale right now.
Does anyone know what the difference is between those two fabrics?

raybert

Reaction score
Looks like P175 is a finer weave than P174 but both a now out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viator View Post
Has anyone tried P174 or P175? These are 2-ply 100s fabrics that are on sale this week.
I would also be interested in this. FYI these are the two white fabrics on sale right now.

gamma1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raybert
Looks like P175 is a finer weave than P174 but both a now out of stock

And i was just going to order a few of these
frown.gif

viator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raybert
Looks like P175 is a finer weave than P174 but both a now out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viator View Post

I emailed them. The response was that "P174 is very very similar to P175, just 2 different suppliers. At the moment though, P175 has already sold out."

Icehawk

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a trial shirt about a week and a half ago and just received it today - that was quick! I used two shirts I own to base my measurements on and I have to say I'm very pleased with how this one fits. I could probably trim up a few areas a 1/4-1/2" for a real slim fit if I wanted but overall I'd give it at least a B+ in fit. As for quality of construction, not so much. There are some strange seams at the shoulder that worried me before the initial laundering but upon washing they have relaxed. This shirt also has fully unlined/soft cuffs and collar which is new to me, I love the cuffs but the collar seems a little weird without the stiffness I'm used to.

I chose a clubby sort of shirt, black with 2 button spread collar, mop, and convertible cuffs.

I plan on ordering a linen shirt or two from them since none of the online tailors seem to have a large selection.

raybert

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone comment on the quality of the linen fabrics? With the warmer weather coming upon us I'm looking at getting a few linen/cotten blends (only 3 choices available) or some of the 100% linen dress shirts done (e.g. sky blue linen v193)?

viator

Reaction score
I just got a shirt made from v170, which is a white linen. It nice and thick, although it's not very fine (i.e. the threadcount would not be especially high).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads