• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great question. I was having them made at a factory in Brooklyn but no one wants to pay that much for sta prest.

The smart money has moved into loons, big velvet loons

Jason-270154.jpg

Inkss

Reaction score
I knew one of the group had some of these and wondered if it was you Inkss. What was the experience like ordering from there? Size accuracy etc? I’m wary of getting stung if I buy some and have to ship them back.
I got them new, but from a third party, so no experience with Modshopping themselves. DJ put me on to a Modshopping three-button jacket on e-bay that I ended up taking a punt on. It was marked as a 44, but was a snug 42, and didn't need altering in the sleeves, which with my 23" arms I 98% of the time have to have sleeves tailored. I'd say their jacket/suit sizing is more for an Asian build. The Sta-Prest were 36 waist and were pretty spot on in the waist and not too skinny.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
All the skins in Boston wore Dickies. It was the closest thing to sta prest. They really only looked good on the bigger guys as they were too wide in the leg for me.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Hello @Inkss - what else can you tell us about those Retroseventy trousers? Do you have to size up? I've relocated to a country that's quite hot for several months a year, and I wouldn't mind a few more pairs of trousers that aren't jeans but also not camo shorts...

The Retroseventy, the cheaper than Relco ones are 11.5 inches.
View attachment 1785756

Warriors are/were 11 inches
View attachment 1785757

Inkss

Reaction score
Hello @Inkss - what else can you tell us about those Retroseventy trousers? Do you have to size up? I've relocated to a country that's quite hot for several months a year, and I wouldn't mind a few more pairs of trousers that aren't jeans but also not camo shorts...
Long time no see Bela.
I'm a snug 36 waist and their 36s fit fine. I've had the Navy, Stone and black off them and they've all been pretty decent.
They don't seem to have anything inbetween 30 and 38 at the moment though :

They do seem to top up their stock regular-ish though. Their prices seem to fluctuate all over the place. Their plain prest are on for £24.99 at the moment, but they have been as low as £19.99. Their tweed-look, POW and houndstooth are going for £59.99 now. They're usually around £30/£35. Best to keep checking in on them.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Found these in my late night scrollings on eBay. Looks like they could be a good thing by accident. My only worry is that the leg is too wide. There's not really a good profile shot of them. This company makes a tuxedo pan as well which does have a profile and it seems slim enough I don't know if they're the same cut. Might have to just give it a shot, seems like they got a nice high rise.

Screenshot_20220430-014820~2.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3728279154...ar=642642620683&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Trying to order the retro seventy2 tonic trousers and it won't let me ship to the US. Would there be a kind soul in here from the UK willing to help a brother out? I can PayPal you the money for the post.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Long time no see Bela.
I'm a snug 36 waist and their 36s fit fine. I've had the Navy, Stone and black off them and they've all been pretty decent.

They do seem to top up their stock regular-ish though. Their prices seem to fluctuate all over the place. Their plain prest are on for £24.99 at the moment, but they have been as low as £19.99. Their tweed-look, POW and houndstooth are going for £59.99 now. They're usually around £30/£35. Best to keep checking in on them.
How often do you reckon they re-up because they're all out of 32s

Bela Kun

Reaction score
I don't understand why these companies never make them in grey or light grey... I have a 90s pair of light grey Levi's Sta Prest, and they combine really well with almost all other colours.

The Retroseventy trousers still seem to be available in all sizes here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Retro-Fronted-Burgundy-Trousers/dp/B07TNX62D4/ref=sr_1_2?qid=1651313123&refinements=p_4:Retro+Seventy2&s=clothing&sr=1-2&th=1

Maybe 'green tonic' comes closest to grey? It does in the pictures, but I've no idea what they look like in real life.

Long time no see Bela.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
I don’t really dress in skinhead style anymore, but I wear Outlier 60/30 chinos and some other trousers they do. Similar aesthetic sans the razor-sharp crease.
Gotta check those out. If Im doin errands, I usually dress in a more So Cal street style but I use my Skinhead gear alot too. Whatever style you got looks sharp enough to me from the few pics I've seen 👍

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads