• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
Well, I've been bored shitless stuck at home with nowt to do. Got a surfeit of bomber jackets and a job lot of vintage patches/insignia etc, so I thought I'd get out the needle and thread and have at one of 'em. (My seamster is shut because of the Boris Bug)
Never gonna wear it, but it was summat to do.
ma11.jpg

patches.jpg

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been bored shitless stuck at home with nowt to do. Got a surfeit of bomber jackets and a job lot of vintage patches/insignia etc, so I thought I'd get out the needle and thread and have at one of 'em. (My seamster is shut because of the Boris Bug)
Never gonna wear it, but it was summat to do.

I wouldn't mind adding a velcro strip, is that what they're called?

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The covid-19 situation has of course impacted on 'the book', inasmuch as we won't be able to have a bookshop launch. Still dealing with some last-minute glitches, but will let you know when we will go ahead with an online/print-on-demand launch.
Well , at least it has not ground to a hault. .

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting @Inkss - reminds me of Age of Chance, the members of which used to wear vintage cycling shirts and MA-1s and other military gear covered in patches and pins -
74095E1F-6B16-4623-889B-2994136E26B3.jpeg

I used to get to a conference each year held at a ski resort and the talks were early morning and late evening so you had all day to ski. First couple of times I wore a black MA-1 which has stayed mostly unworn ever since in my cupboard. I then got a CWU-45 which is better suited to the cold but I found that wearing all black on the slopes makes you indistinguishable from anyone else so I plastered a union flag on the back (like a blood chit!) and on the sleeve and an RAF roundel on the right chest. The left chest had a Velcro name plate which I had stamped with my Dad’s name (ex Lancaster pilot). I don’t get to the conference any more and would rather spend holidays scuba diving than ski-ing so that also remains largely unworn too!

Bela Kun

Reaction score
So tell me @Inkss, since you're a bit of an expert, what do I need to mind (in terms of quality, make, etc) when choosing an N2B? And which ones should I avoid?

I know nothing about them, but I've grown increasingly fond of them when visiting southern Europe lately (they're quite common in the 'scene' there). Now I kinda wish I'd got myself one for the winter.

Inkss

Reaction score
As old and as best condition you can find. Older Alpha Ind (pre-'A' logo), Skyline, Lancer, Wisconsin Mfg Co, Rolen, Greenbrier.
Spiewak and Corinth tend to stray from true military-spec/quality.
I always try and find listings where the seller doesn't know what they're selling. Like I've said before, check for someone selling/listing a parka as a parker.
You can check the specs of the jacket by keying in the stock number on the label into a national stock database.
This Alpha is a 1986. The 86 in the 'DLA100-86-C-0431' is the date, and the number above it is the stock number
n2b1.jpg

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone here is staying healthy, not much action here recently, it would be good to see some contributions on the LGO thread, it has been quite busy recently.

Just found these pictures of Mickey Tenner, who has been mentioned on here in the past, a regular at the Scene club and dancer on RSG, and also appears in the MODS book.
A few of the aforementioned, and some of him later. I believe he is living in Oz now and is a keen fisherman, a stark contrast to his exciting days in the clubs of Soho.
IMG_8341.jpg
IMG_8343.jpg
IMG_8345.jpg
IMG_8338.jpg
IMG_8342.jpg
IMG_8340.jpg
IMG_8339.jpg

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads