• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mid Term Grades for designprofessor shoe damage

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nicely done, DP. I really love the AEs that you posted, why did they discontiue them? They are much better than the current models. I absolutely love the tan Alden, truly a classic.

darkoak

Reaction score
Prof, are the maurizis from bluefly? How do they fit? How do they compare w/ AE in terms of comfort?

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Very nicely done, DP. I really love the AEs that you posted, why did they discontiue them? They are much better than the current models. I absolutely love the tan Alden, truly a classic.
vR thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure why AE discontinues. I would watch their catalogs for new styles and if the design wasn't one of their mainstays, you had about a season to pick it up before it was gone. Perhaps it is based on sales? The tan Alden is basically an indestructable shoe. Honestly,there have been years where i am almost tired of it, but it keeps on.
smile.gif

darck

Reaction score
The shoes look beatutifully cared for. It is hard to believe that those tan semi-brogues are 15 years old!

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
Prof, are the maurizis from bluefly? How do they fit? How do they compare w/ AE in terms of comfort?
Yes they are from Blue fly. I really like them so far. Time will tell, but they are comfortable, and I am on my feet alot at work. ( I use thin insoles)
I like the shape. i preferred a little more edge showing
on the shoe and they are as comfortable as my AE's. They are still in the break in stage though.
I was also eyeing the tan plain captoes on bluefly.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Doc,I believe color is "oak" according to AE. Double oak sole. I liked it because it was a modern take on the wingtip.

Thanks for the pics, DP. I'd love to find a pair of these. I'll call AE next week and see if they can tell us anything more about them.

korinkahn

Reaction score
The skull and crossbones tie by polo, i don't know about that look, ralph is overstepping his bounds

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads