• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meermin Picked my Pocket for $15.

dman2112

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of Meermin Chelseas in polo suede and received dark brown Chukkas. Went through pain with them going back and forth and ending up having to pay $15 for a shipping label to return. I guess I will try and get a shipping refund from Paypal but I should have learned my lesson. I think they might be getting worse than they already were...

nh10222

Reaction score
Doesn't receiving the wrong item automatically open the door to some kind of PayPal buyer protection process?

Mirage-

Reaction score
You can probably dispute the whole transaction indeed. Both PayPal and most credit cards have a buyer protection program afaik, which includes clearly not getting what you ordered.

dman2112

Reaction score
You can probably dispute the whole transaction indeed. Both PayPal and most credit cards have a buyer protection program afaik, which includes clearly not getting what you ordered.
Meermin just emailed me and said they will not refund my money because I opened a Paypal case. I had to escalate it to a claim. What a horrible company. They make a mistake and you have to go through a claims process. Troglodytes...

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Par for the course with Meermin. Why people still order from this company is a mystery.

nh10222

Reaction score
I ordered two, and they are still killing my heels after a dozen wears. Starting to think they will never break in.
When my Meermin boots were taking layer after layer of skin off my heels, I stopped wearing them for awhile, before resolving to beat the **** out of them, slamming their overly stiffened heels into the edge of a nearby desk until they softened up. It helped a lot and they copped the beating quite well. They're cheap, so who cares? I never had much problem with their shoes, just the boots

Mirage-

Reaction score
When my Meermin boots were taking layer after layer of skin off my heels, I stopped wearing them for awhile, before resolving to beat the **** out of them, slamming their overly stiffened heels into the edge of a nearby desk until they softened up. It helped a lot and they copped the beating quite well. They're cheap, so who cares? I never had much problem with their shoes, just the boots
Won't that break the celastic stiffener and leave potentially jagged pieces inside?

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better than my experience with Kent Wang. When he first opened I ordered some stuff from him, received nothing, emailed to inquire and he insinuated that I received the goods and was trying to get a freebie. So I never got what I paid for, was insulted, and he kept the money. I still remember it all these years later. Great stuff.

nh10222

Reaction score
Won't that break the celastic stiffener and leave potentially jagged pieces inside?
It didn't leave any jagged edges on mine, although I was pissed off, so was willing to take the risk. Nothing feels broken; the heels just softened up. They went from being lethal to wearable. You could, of course, try a gentler form of manipulation, e.g. apply pressure by hand only.

Last edited:

Mirage-

Reaction score
It didn't leave any jagged edges on mine, although I was pissed off, so was willing to take the risk. Nothing feels broken; the heels just softened up. They went from being lethal to wearable. You could, of course, try a gentler form of manipulation, e.g. apply pressure by hand only.
Yeah, I tried the hand-pressure method, didn't do much. Maybe harsher actions are warranted after all, if the other option is not wearing it...
Better than my experience with Kent Wang. When he first opened I ordered some stuff from him, received nothing, emailed to inquire and he insinuated that I received the goods and was trying to get a freebie. So I never got what I paid for, was insulted, and he kept the money. I still remember it all these years later. Great stuff.
That seems pretty strange, wasn't the courier tracked? In which case either it should be obvious the package wasn't delivered, or if it registered as such, you should have probably contacted the carrier immediately.
I once bought a jacket from SuitReview and Fedex sent me some fake leather shoes meant for a guy in Spain instead. Issue was resolved within a week, although I paid some 6€ in credit for the non-free call center number somehow, I still don't know how that was possible (going by advertized rates).

chrfi

Reaction score
I think this is a better place for this confession that the actual Meermin thread... I've purchased four pairs of Meermin shoes, but I've never worn any of them! I think two pairs I've returened as defective, and two other pairs did not meet my expectations at the end and I sold them new and unworn. Maybe I will pass on purchasing the fifth pair... ;)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolinaflooringspeci