• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I went through annoying work comments for many many years to get where I am today.

To be honest, I could not care less what people in my office wear unless it is so distracting it hampers my own productivity.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in a town that considers board shorts and flip flops biz caz. I wear a sports jacket almost every day and people still ask me if I have to go to court.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When high end stores put 1200 usd cardigans on hangers.

IMG_20200204_173834.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that includes our 25 % VAT. They had 6 pieces hanging there and I think many find them expensive and not too nice.
Yeah, that is a seriously ugly sweater. Pretty high priced for Polo.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
I'm looking to find good quality socks somewhere, with a personal preference for cotton over wool but I'll entertain either. What are good places to look? In the past I've bought a few from places like J. Crew (embarrassingly) and all but one of them get worn threadbare in a bout 3 months.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn Tough. I was in heavy boots on construction sites for 35 years and wool is the far superior material imo.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is a seriously ugly sweater. Pretty high priced for Polo.

That one is a little bright for my taste but the price is not that surprising for a Polo or RRL sweater, to be honest. I have a patchwork Polo and a fairisle RRL and they were very expensive at retail.

I'm really digging this one but it's $1,600. I'd probably kop at 75% off tho, lol.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second this. They are all I wear at work.

Wait, that sounds weird.
I went through tons of wool socks in the Army. No other fabric could compete, even in super-hot weather.

I'm sure you rock the socks-only look, BTW. :slayer:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through tons of wool socks in the Army. No other fabric could compete, even in super-hot weather.

I'm sure you rock the socks-only look, BTW. :slayer:
When I was in boot camp some of those guys who had mamas who always washed their clothes thought they could throw all their stuff in the laundry at once. Lol those black wool issue socks really did a job on white skivies. The DI made them rewash them until they were snow white. Life lesson there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads