• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

GrahamM

Reaction score
Folks,

I'm after some leather and other advice regarding my first MTO, with TLB.

I want a derby shoe (Oliver or Goya last) that fits in a "smart casual" rather than formal category. So, with some brogue patterns. I will wear with chino's, flannel, wool trousers and occasionally denim. I have some lovely darker brown coloured boots/shoes, so thinking light to mid-brown but not tan. Chino's, flannel, wool trousers are beige, light grey and mid-blue in colour; denim is mid-blue and indigo. No suits anywhere, so mixed with knitwear, mid-grey peacoat or navy shearling bomber Jacket. I'd like the footwear to be versatile and great for spring/summer too. I know I ask a lot!

I went to a trunk show and really liked the medium brown museum leather (colour: https://www.tlbmallorca.com/107-picasso-shoe-museumcalf-brown)

1) Is medium brown museum leather too "fussy" for a smart casual derby shoe with brogue patterns? Versus Old England medium brown?

2) In real life it didn't look too orange, but in some images it really is (https://www.skolyx.se/en/tlb-mallor...e-oxford-brown-museum-calf.html).....lighting or leather variation?

3) If too red, can museum leather be burnished with creams?

4) Any idea how a double sole looks with Goya/Oliver last? I already have some "English brogues" (Trickers) and so not looking for country shoes here!

5) Mid brown edging/city rubber sole to keep it casual?

Cheers

Graham

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me "patiently" waiting for the cordovan to drop...

Waiting GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noirkw

Reaction score
Comfort range, my opinion its hideous. I was hoping comfort in the form of unlined artista loafers... One can dream

John8867

Reaction score
TLB are just offering more choice which is what any good business does. They won't appeal to everyone but they are super popular with many people.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comfort range, my opinion its hideous. I was hoping comfort in the form of unlined artista loafers... One can dream
I've been hoping for an unlined collection too. I love unlined chukkas

TLB are just offering more choice which is what any good business does. They won't appeal to everyone but they are super popular with many people.
Yeah, I get it. Almost every company has done this. I'm fine with it. If they need to sell 1,000 comfort shoes in order to continue the artista collection, then go right ahead.

ceriano

Reaction score
How does the width work? They have E, F, G and H. Is E similar to carmina rain?

Last edited:

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TLB is just insane value. They have superior overall construction and still come in cheaper than a brand like Allen Edmonds shell cordovan. Granted one uses Horween and the other doesn't if that matters to you.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TLB Mallorca just dropped a shell cordovan line

https://www.tlbmallorca.com/shell-cordovan-shoes

I have positive experience with them, and the bang for your buck is pretty insane.

Oh and here is the zigger. It's only available for MTO but the MTO fee is PERMANENTLY WAIVED. So you can order exactly what you want, and the price is 600 euro or about $650 (Yes that's less than Allen Edmonds)

Zigger 2.0 All orders placed by June 12th will get FULLY LASTED shoe trees added for free :eek:

High quality GYW cordovan shoes, with a fiddle back waist, real leather heel stiffeners, fully customizable, with fully lasted shoe trees for $650.
Unbelievable GIF - Thatsinsane Patrick Spongebob - Discover & Share GIFs

The cordovan is from Rocado in Italy. I have no personal experience with this cordovan. But the owner of TLB went to the factory to inspect their shells himself, and he always maintains a high standard for his shoes.

(This post is purely because I love shoes, and I have no connection to TLB)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashraf kh