• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

lowland4me

Reaction score
My understanding is no, and they don't plan to. If you look at the Artista line, you're getting a lot of things you get in shoes closer to the 1k range. It's surprising to see the price on them, the Artista is my next purchase.
I'm right there with you Andrew0409! I've been in a debate with myself for a few days now, on which maker of shoes that I want to treat myself to. Another down side to this lock down is...........increased internet shopping! Ha! What to do....what to do.........Carlos Santos......Carmina.......TLB........? Hmm! Oh, the struggle is real my friend!!!!!

Andrew0409

Reaction score
I'm right there with you Andrew0409! I've been in a debate with myself for a few days now, on which maker of shoes that I want to treat myself to. Another down side to this lock down is...........increased internet shopping! Ha! What to do....what to do.........Carlos Santos......Carmina.......TLB........? Hmm! Oh, the struggle is real my friend!!!!!

I was going to buy Carmina, but from what I can see and from a few other people who have Carminas, they say the Artista line offers more. The waist is just incredible and looks really beautiful.

lowland4me

Reaction score
I was going to buy Carmina, but from what I can see and from a few other people who have Carmina's, they say the Artista line offers more. The waist is just incredible and looks really beautiful.
Man I don't think that you can go wrong with any of those choices! I am by no means, any authority on things.......I'm uber new to all this high end footwear thing! But I have been researching the players and the price point we're talking here, and Carmina, Carlos Santos, and TLB seem to be the heavy hitters here, as far as I can tell, especially at this price point. Just a newbie's point of view here! Ya'll take it for what it's worth!

Kudu08

Reaction score
Man I don't think that you can go wrong with any of those choices! I am by no means, any authority on things.......I'm uber new to all this high end footwear thing! But I have been researching the players and the price point we're talking here, and Carmina, Carlos Santos, and TLB seem to be the heavy hitters here, as far as I can tell, especially at this price point. Just a newbie's point of view here! Ya'll take it for what it's worth!
i'm a newbie like yourself too. I've just got myself a pair of Carmina black oxford and I'm already eyeing those brown suede Artista. sleek shoes at good price point they have.

lowland4me

Reaction score
i'm a newbie like yourself too. I've just got myself a pair of Carmina black oxford and I'm already eyeing those brown suede Artista. sleek shoes at good price point they have.
I feel ya Kudu08! I don't know why I've not gotten sucked into the realm of the "high end shoes" before! I've always enjoyed customizing anything that I'm interested in! Cars, etc.! Want a good laugh.........I'm an American Scot, very deep into my particular lineage. Not that "Braveheart" or "Outlander" romantic ****! That's nowhere near an actual representation of Scotland, then or now! Yet, .....I digress.......back to where I was. I like to sport the kilt! Much like MTO or GMTO shoes, all my kilts are bespoke, custom kilts. I've more of them than I care to admit!! We'll keep that between us! Ha! Anyway.....this kinda habits are not for the faint of heart!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the anticipated cordovan collection, due to the coronavirus situation, it has been postponed. It's mainly since sourcing of material hasn't been possible, when corona has businesses closed. Toni will let all know once things are back on track and it's on its way,

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the anticipated cordovan collection, due to the coronavirus situation, it has been postponed. It's mainly since sourcing of material hasn't been possible, when corona has businesses closed. Toni will let all know once things are back on track and it's on its way,
Do you know were the cordovan will be sourced from? is it Horween

sfo423

Reaction score
Can you post a pic; the suede loafer is on my short list.

I just received a pair of loafers on the goya last in burgundy from Skolyx. The last forepart is exactly the same as crockett and Jones 341. The heel is much narrower and cut close.

The last is more elegant and sleek than the CJ 341. I am also tempted by the dark brown suede ones ...

lowland4me

Reaction score
I feel ya Kudu08! I don't know why I've not gotten sucked into the realm of the "high end shoes" before! I've always enjoyed customizing anything that I'm interested in! Cars, etc.! Want a good laugh.........I'm an American Scot, very deep into my particular lineage. Not that "Braveheart" or "Outlander" romantic ****! That's nowhere near an actual representation of Scotland, then or now! Yet, .....I digress.......back to where I was. I like to sport the kilt! Much like MTO or GMTO shoes, all my kilts are bespoke, custom kilts. I've more of them than I care to admit!! We'll keep that between us! Ha! Anyway.....this kinda habits are not for the faint of heart!
Can you post a pic; the suede loafer is on my short list.
I’d like to see them as well. All of a sudden......I’m interested in suede! That’s what happens when you’re locked up and just looking to spend your money on something!! (Not spending on any o you all, sorry!) Suede photos please! ?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol what? Are you saying they look dirty in the new pics? It's just color variation in the suede depending on what way the nap is brushed and laying. The suede is actually quite nice too.

Didn't notice this one three years ago, at least I had something to do then; I fully understand nap etc but the basic colourway of this is semi-dirty. The others illustrated are fine and worth a punt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads