• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the info I got ... why and how .. I don’t know

all I know I Afpos announced that they were gonna sell TLB in their website. Then ascot had a problem with it. And TLB ended their partnership with afpos..

Last edited:

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
And I have it on good authority that they didn’t let afinepairofshoes carry TLB in England. They had a major problem with TLB when it was announced that afinepairofshoes will sell TLB .. Ascot forced TLB to drop afinepairofshoes as a reseller

lol

John8867

Reaction score
Yes, MTO. It was easy, just asked for the rubber sole and all sorted. Am very pleased with them (may order another pair!).

mcdill

Reaction score
I have a bit of an issue in that my left foot is flatter than my right one. This means I have difficulty with oxfords - the V on the left shoe tends to close fully even when new. The right shoe is fine.

I would like to know whether the Goya last is better for low instep feet than the Picasso last?

Many thanks

Kind regards

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of an issue in that my left foot is flatter than my right one. This means I have difficulty with oxfords - the V on the left shoe tends to close fully even when new. The right shoe is fine.

I would like to know whether the Goya last is better for low instep feet than the Picasso last?

Many thanks

Kind regards

They are identical at the instep, it's only the toe shape that differs. What I would do is to use a leather tongue pad on only your left shoe, should work well.

evangel21

Reaction score
Hi. I've a pair of derby in UK6.5 in the Alan last that I'm letting go.
Let me know if you are interested.

Will be putting this in the B&S. 20191221_134454.jpg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Another option I am mulling is to MTO with the left shoe being narrower width.

Kind regards

Yeah, if the whole foot is smaller that's an option. One of the perks with TLB's MTO service is that you can have different sizing on each shoe. Below an example of an MTO a Skolyx customer did, a 3-eyelet derby in black cordovan with 7.5G (right) and 9,5F (left).

CRP

Reaction score
Just took these Foster in vegano marron boots out yesterday for a full day in Michigan. Salt, snow and a bit of ice left up here. Very happy with the color (darker than the website pics) and leather is supple but firm. With medium socks, the shaft was a bit loose in the morning. However by the end of the day, it was feeling like it was starting to hug the ankles. It should shape/conform better over time. I'm an 11.5 solid D width in forefoot, but small around the ankle (duck feet) with high arch. I'll update as time goes on, but am really pleased with the quality and detail. Be careful measuring your waist size, I got the Black Friday deal with the free belt and am hope to exchange the belt for a different size. Buying online without a chance to try out the fit is a leap of faith, but no regrets for me. Enjoy. TLB Boot 1.JPG TLB Boot 2.JPG

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Just took these Foster in vegano marron boots out yesterday for a full day in Michigan. Salt, snow and a bit of ice left up here. Very happy with the color (darker than the website pics) and leather is supple but firm. With medium socks, the shaft was a bit loose in the morning. However by the end of the day, it was feeling like it was starting to hug the ankles. It should shape/conform better over time. I'm an 11.5 solid D width in forefoot, but small around the ankle (duck feet) with high arch. I'll update as time goes on, but am really pleased with the quality and detail. Be careful measuring your waist size, I got the Black Friday deal with the free belt and am hope to exchange the belt for a different size. Buying online without a chance to try out the fit is a leap of faith, but no regrets for me. Enjoy. View attachment 1302787 View attachment 1302788

Nice. That’s Bryan last, right?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does TLB (Main line and Artista) compare to Carmina in terms leather quality and construction?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nexalynprisnorge