• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M2M shirts onilne? v.hotness

maxgohan

Reaction score
other than tailorshop.com what's the hotness in M2M clothing online...

i want something not very expensive, figure its better than just getting something OTF

litho

Reaction score
nialma.com is consistent and great quality but higher-end, as there are other cheaper options - Janzten, w chan etc

Limniscate

Reaction score
Nialma is good, especially their premium and Thomas Mason fabrics. Plus, they have the fastest turn around--about a week and a half. They are very responsive to emails as well.

Mytailor.com is good as well. I haven't tried Jantzen personally, but my brother likes them.

maxgohan

Reaction score
anywhere to get some basic shirts M2M for under 50ish?

im still a student so i dont want to be spending excessive amounts on clothes just yet...

jessis

Reaction score
check out 4 for 3 with nialma - works out to be about $65 a shirt, otherwise try Jantzen - always a bit of a gamble but price is good.

Good luck.

Limniscate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessis
check out 4 for 3 with nialma - works out to be about $65 a shirt, otherwise try Jantzen - always a bit of a gamble but price is good.

Good luck.

I think it's $70/shirt after shipping.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are strictly looking for MTM on the cheap, pickashirt.com is something like 30 a shirt last I checked. The construction and material is rather shoddy, though. I tried them out a couple times and went back to Jantzen.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm extremely happy w/my first shirt from moderntailor.com. I haven't gotten around to uploading photos, etc., but the quality is very good. It is not shoddy in any manner.

The thing actually FITS, instead of being some company's "best middle of the road guess that will fit the most people". Cost was $65 and arrived in 2 weeks or so after the order was placed, all the way from China.

No reason, in my opinion to go to CEGO for example (other than they sponsor this forum). Why pay for the overhead of an NYC location and wait 4 weeks plus?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lands End also does MtM shirts for abotu $50 each.

They're pretty dammed solid, albeit not too showy.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
No reason, in my opinion to go to CEGO for example (other than they sponsor this forum). Why pay for the overhead of an NYC location and wait 4 weeks plus?
After doing online MTM for years (Jantzen) I have since learned the error of my ways. I think there is a lot to be said for working with someone local. You can into the shop/workshop and be measured in person by a professional, see and touch the fabrics before ordering, take delivery from a person rather than through the mail, and be able to physically return the item if there are problems that need to be fixed. At least half of my Jantzen shirts were disappointing for one reason or another: fabric not what I expected, fit issues, detail mistakes, order lost, etc.

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxgohan
anywhere to get some basic shirts M2M for under 50ish?

im still a student so i dont want to be spending excessive amounts on clothes just yet...

If you're in Toronto, check out Just White Shirts at 1991 Leslie Street. They also have a store in Scotia Plaza. If you go out to the Leslie store they will take your measurements so there will be no errors. I've used them before and the shirts are decent quality fabric. You can check out the website at www.justwhiteshirts.com.

You can usually pick up MTM shirts for CDN$95 each during the sales. However, if you can make it up to the Leslie Street store there is a huge selection of RTW shirts that they will customize to your measurements at no charge. These shirts can be had for as little as $65. It's worth the effort to make it to the Leslie Street store if you can.

I would add that if you're going MTM, make sure you ask about the collar sizes. Previously, JWS had a 3" spread collar as their standard. However, they've changed their default collar to 3.5" which is a bit larger than I would otherwise like. You can still get the 3" collar, but you have to ask for it.

I considered a number of on-line shirtmakers before going to JWS: Jantzen, CEGO, etc. However, as a first time MTM order I preferred to use someone local so I could make sure the measurements were correct. Other than the larger collar - which is not the biggest issue - I have been satisfied and will order shirts from JWS again.

I would advise you to bring in a shirt that you already own to use as a reference for collar style etc.

-B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads