• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

AlexRamius

Reaction score
There’s a lot of great deals, and chaos, so some might be upset, that’s normal, but that’s the game.

But personnaly, I can’t go beyond the lies. There’s some ****** missdirections. You can’t just bump a price and sale it to it’s regular price. You just can’t if you respect your clients.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
So @Megakurth you have no problem whatsoever with these fake prices?

Megakurth

Reaction score
So @Megakurth you have no problem whatsoever with these fake prices?
I don’t because having been a Luxire customer for over 5 years now (and several Thanksgiving sales), I’ve come to appreciate some of these “quirks”. I for one don’t believe Luxire does any of this with will intent, and I’m also a big believer that Luxire is more than willing to accommodate and its best not to gripe about things on Styleforum and make it a public issue when in my case at least, most of it can be handled over e-mail. Reading the posts over the last few days and looking at each request Luxire is able to accommodate (adding items, offering gift cards on differences for items that weren’t included, etc) for one makes me believe they are trying to do right by folks on Styleforum...

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
And here I am, still havent bought anything since Luxire wouldnt answer me. Its all good though. I respect what theyre doing and understand that it isnt easy to accommodate to everyones needs!

AlexRamius

Reaction score
@Spaghettimatt @Megakurth I’m not talking about the quality of some deals that are, indeed, great.

Yes, Warzone was at 70$ before (in my memory). Now, the official price is near 200$. If you’re A new customer, you would think it’s a Great deal!

Yes, it’s not new, but it’s still as dishonest. What is your point? That because they’ve done it before, it’s ok?

dluce76

Reaction score
Likely because Luxire said the best deals would be early so I bought early. I guess I just feel like I was misled since better deals came later and I overpaid $40-50 as a result.

And based on your comment, “that’s life,” about presuming to have a right to the best deal, the same would hold for cancelations and material being on hold when others would like to buy - “that’s life.”
This. I'm not unhappy, just surprised and also felt like the earliest prices were supposed to be the best. And if this is the way that the pricing structure works, cancellations from customers who want to save hundreds of dollars by reordering a few days or hours later during the same sale should be expected.

Some of this for me is a) my first luxire BF sale and b) luxire operating unlike any other BF sale I know of. Again, not unhappy at all, got some amazing stuff at huge discounts, just new to me and unexpected.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Spaghettimatt @Megakurth I’m not talking about the quality of some deals that are, indeed, great.

Yes, Warzone was at 70$ before (in my memory). Now, the official price is near 200$. If you’re A new customer, you would think it’s a Great deal!

Yes, it’s not new, but it’s still as dishonest. What is your point? That because they’ve done it before, it’s ok?

Luxire has never been an ‘ordinary’ company - there are many of those, where you can click a button and get something delivered to you in a few days.

Working with Luxire requires some patience and understanding. But in return you get enormous possibility to have something which is exactly what you have in mind, for a very fair price.

Yes, I think the inflated ‘original’ price is quirky - not least because it only appears on selected items. But it’s just one of those things I don’t dwell on. It’s just one of their quirks.

As with any custom tailoring relationship, it’s best to assume your first few orders will need tweaking, until you reach a common understanding.

Those in this thread ordering multiples of any category have reached that stage - which will have taken effort both sides.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
@SimonC I know, I have been a Luxire client for years. And it’s been one hell of a ride with a lot of ups and downs. One of my last order was comically bad, and they never even dare to answer my mail. On several occasions they lied repeatidly about delays. On the other hand, I had some really great stuff at equally great prices.

But this Lying is something that you would not accept with any other brand.

You’re Talking about custom tailoring, but no one here would tolerate this kind of nonsense at a brick and wall MTM place, even less at a bespoke tailor.

Custom tailoring needs trust to build on.
These kind of practice does not allow trust.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every few months a non-regular poster/lurker of the Luxire thread comes in here overreacting about something. This is why we can't have nice things...

AlexRamius

Reaction score
Wow @patliean1 , Is it even possible to be more dismissive?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads