• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I was waiting for albini to respond to Luxire after I requested to know if Lux had a particular cloth......its been over 1 month. ( I had sent Lux a pic of an albini cloth and asked Lux to investigate)

I have since pursued Albini on my own, and have been in contact w/ the NY office.

They dont show Luxire as a buyer..........so I was wondering if Luxire buys direct?.........I want to send Luxire more info on other albini cloths.

The cloth I desired was part of a collection that is now out of stock.
Albini has agents appointed for some regions and we need to buy through them. All communication also happens through them.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Customer service complaints part is interesting. We have a strong and dedicated team replying to emails. Data and analytics show that they are doing a good job.

I did a quick random check on the customers who are raising it here and I could not find any open tickets or tickets with delayed replies.

Given that the team is dedicated to serving you better, we need better feedback to understand how we can improve the service.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Albini has agents appointed for some regions and we need to buy through them. All communication also happens through them.

okay....how ever it happens so be it........but over 1 month?......and yet I can reach albini?.....

not really acceptable. And your response offers no real insight/explanation?

as Ive stated before...LUXIRE is wonderful,,,,,,,,........but this scenario is very weak

orsetto

Reaction score
Customer service complaints part is interesting. We have a strong and dedicated team replying to emails. Data and analytics show that they are doing a good job.

I did a quick random check on the customers who are raising it here and I could not find any open tickets or tickets with delayed replies.

Given that the team is dedicated to serving you better, we need better feedback to understand how we can improve the service.

It's been 5 days since I emailed and no response. And no reply to my posts here. Others have been waiting longer.

AlexRamius

Reaction score

Ok, if you say so.
So:

April 16th : Order #34593 Two pair of trousers
May 6th: Order #34937 One pair of trousers.
May 10th: We agree by mail to proceed first with one pair of trousers and wait for feedback to make the other two.
June 6th: First trousers received and fit pics are sent.
June 14th: We agree on modifications.

July 22th: No news since June 14th, I send another mail.
August 8th: finally an answer. I'm going to copy paste it:

"

Hi Alexandre,

Greetings from Luxire.

We checked and see that your 2 orders were pending, could you pelase let us know the fitting of your #34593 of Linen Cotton Canvas:Cream.
Once we get feedback will proceed for your orders accordingly.

Awaiting for feedback/ modifications if any.

Thanks and Regards,"

Exactly 5 minutes later I answered that I already accepted modifications they've proposed on June 14th and since production was clearly not launched, I prefered these summer trousers to be cancelled.

Since then, no answers.

So tell me, @luxire , would you confirmed that Customer Service is doing a good job and that there are no delayed replies?

I know that you are going to dismiss this message. It's not your first time. Complaining never did any good here. I did 19 orders since 2015. Most went well. Some didn't. But come on, I'm not asking for the moon, I just want an answer. I'm actually very glad of orders #35512 and #35915 I did in june and july, and I was eager to order more shirts. Let's end these orders and carry on.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
okay....how ever it happens so be it........but over 1 month?......and yet I can reach albini?.....

not really acceptable. And your response offers no real insight/explanation?

as Ive stated before...LUXIRE is wonderful,,,,,,,,........but this scenario is very weak

We forward your request to our agent, he forwards it to Albini office in Hong Kong, which services us. After that, it is a blind spot.
He follow-up with the agent, who follows up again. It has been the cycle.

There is nothing much we can do. Best to just assume the reply as "sorry, the fabric is currently unavailable", till things change.

txm22

Reaction score
xposting from the Tailor thread. Any advice would be appreciated.

So these are Luxire trousers that I recently ordered. I think I'm getting close to having my pattern down, but obviously, there are a few remaining issues. I will increase the hip measurement on my next order.

However, there is a problem with the way the trousers hang in the front that I can't quite identify, and is somewhat hard to capture in pictures. At the crotch, the inner thigh appears to have some pulling, which makes the trousers appear taut. I don't think I need more room in the thigh, and I'm not sure that increasing the hip measurement will release this tension, as it feels more like vertical pulling. Any advise for trouser adjustments would be appreciated.

View attachment 1224595

paulraphael

Reaction score
Request to Luxire from a new customer: please add more information about your shirt fabrics. You carry an admirable selection, and you include some information that others leave out (grams/meter). But you leave out some of the basics, like ply and yarn number. And some of the nice-to-knows, like which of the mill's product line does a fabric belong to, and what's the cotton source.

When you carry so many fabrics, your customers need all the help they can get in choosing between them.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Request to Luxire from a new customer: please add more information about your shirt fabrics. You carry an admirable selection, and you include some information that others leave out (grams/meter). But you leave out some of the basics, like ply and yarn number. And some of the nice-to-knows, like which of the mill's product line does a fabric belong to, and what's the cotton source.

When you carry so many fabrics, your customers need all the help they can get in choosing between them.

Thanks mate. Completely agree with the thought.
We are experimenting with new information, something as seen on this product.

paulraphael

Reaction score
Yes, that kind of information would be much more helpful with the shirts.

The written description are nice also. Some of your competitors write descriptions like advertising copy ... so in a sense all the fabrics are competing against each other. It's much better when the tone is more objective, so you can understand that (for example) fabric A is softer and more elegant than fabric B, but less durable and more prone to wrinkles.

This helps your customers make informed choices. And helps them trust your site.

Last edited:

VL22

Reaction score
Do you guys think any lining is necessary for the Brisbane Moss canvas (dark Grey or navy)?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think any lining is necessary for the Brisbane Moss canvas (dark Grey or baby)?

I wouldn’t put a lining on those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads