• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
I popped in with negativity? I popped in with my experience thus far. Please show me a post where I was being negative besides my honest experience thus far. I didn't say Luxire sucked or anything like that. I laid out my experience and said that I was disappointed.

I knew someone would bring up something as stupid as "must be because it's your competition". Seriously, who would be stupid and obvious enough to do this. At least make an alternate account. On top of all that, from what I know Luxire and I aren't competitors. I only deal with leather for the most part and dabble in wool winter outwear. From my understanding, Luxire does pants, shirts and the like.

On top of all that, I said that I would update my experience with a pair of pants that would fit great - which I'm sure they'll deliver on. What a weird way to badmouth competition if I were doing that.
In case you hadn't seen this, etc.:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/luxire-and-styleforum-leather-jackets-official-thread.518949/

Last edited:

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

News to me. Go look at my post history and tell me if you think I frequent any threads other than my own.

If you read the rest of my posts in this thread, you can also see that I was going to leave a positive review with photos once they made right on my pants. What a weird way to badmouth. And AGAIN, look through my posts here and you can clearly see I was leaving updated reviews to my order process and only gave critiques. And anything else were responses to replies I got. If you take any of that as badmouthing, then it's probably a defensive knee jerk reaction on your part. Probably in part to knowing the owner on some friendly capacity (at least what Fok tells me).

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update to my order.

Luxire agreed to take the pants back to make sure that the issue is their fault or not. If it's their error, they agreed to remake the pants and update measurements if need be. Which is awesome!

Though, I asked if I'll be sent a prepaid shipping label or if I'll be reimbursed shipping costs if the fabric was incorrect and Luxire's error.

They told me that if the error was on their part, I'd be reimbursed via a Luxire gift card. I found this unsatisfactory. I asked why should I have to pay for shipping on an error on their part?

I'll return with an updated review once everything is settled. I'm sure they'll realize that it doesn't make sense to reimburse via a gift card.

As a general rule they do not do refunds - no matter what.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Luxire

i cannot find a "TRUE" chambray, 100% cotton shirt fabric , on the site? One with the typical blue/white weave and the natural patina/ fading over time.

Can you tell me if one exists?

There are quite a few options on the website. I was trying to get you a link but learnt how poorly we have listed them.
Will get these cleaned and share a good link next week.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any of the Albini victoria denim available? I've handled the permanent style denim shirt and would love a fabric similar to this

Anything from Albini can be made available.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything from Albini can be made available.

I have an old Suitsupply dress shirt that I absolutely love and have been wanting to make via Luxire for years. It's made from an Albini demin/chambray fabric. Problem is I'm not sure the exact fabric code. Maybe I'll post photos of the texture and color.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have an old Suitsupply dress shirt that I absolutely love and have been wanting to make via Luxire for years. It's made from an Albini demin/chambray fabric. Problem is I'm not sure the exact fabric code. Maybe I'll post photos of the texture and color.

Do share image, preferably by email. We will try and send you images of the Albini denim chambrays.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody explain the process for sending in and ordering a garment (shirt or trousers) to be replicated. I see the option to purchase a shipping label but how do you connect that to your order? I’ve got a nice pair of trousers I’d like to be replicated but don’t want to lose them or have them show up in India without any way to connect them with an order #. Thanks,

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody explain the process for sending in and ordering a garment (shirt or trousers) to be replicated. I see the option to purchase a shipping label but how do you connect that to your order? I’ve got a nice pair of trousers I’d like to be replicated but don’t want to lose them or have them show up in India without any way to connect them with an order #. Thanks,
I would probably just reference it in my order of the new garment. I actually did the opposite. I placed my order for the new garment then referenced I would be sending a garment in to replicate.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would probably just reference it in my order of the new garment. I actually did the opposite. I placed my order for the new garment then referenced I would be sending a garment in to replicate.
Got it. So perhaps place the order for the new garment first, get an order # and then reference that order # in the shipment of sample?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got it. So perhaps place the order for the new garment first, get an order # and then reference that order # in the shipment of sample?

That's worked for me.

I just went through this for a back and forth of getting a suit made (and subsequently altered). The back and forths to India are a little stressful just because they take awhile and there are big delays in tracking updates sometimes, but it's been reliable.

They do a good job with the replications in general. They're nailed the shirts and pants I've sent. I had to have my jacket sent back to them and altered, slight changes from material and shoulder structure I think.

aj805

Reaction score
I normally place the order for the garment, and in the order notes mention that this garment will be made via replication and further details will be sent via email.

Then after you receive the order confirmation email, reply back with what you want to do (ship a garment for replication, any adjustments, etc.).

A service rep will reply and can provide you any instructions you need to place the order for the shipping. After I place the shipping order, I will reply to the original email thread noting the shipping order # to tie it all together.

I have done this many times without issue.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good cotton khaki colored chino fabric for some high waisted dressier trousers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads