• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Quesjac

Reaction score
I think in this case, it should be made explicit. For that, I think they missed the mark. Maybe overlooked or maybe purposefully ambiguous. We'll never know.

But if Luxire expects the customer to pay for shipping and not be reimbursed for a garment that was not what they asked for due to fault of Luxire, it should be made 100% clear. Don't you think?

Shouldn't the customer know EXACTLY what they're getting themselves into?
My sense is that reasonable people can disagree on this question. It's been re-trod on this thread a fair few times.

But the remake policy has always been clear to me for whatever reason (either from reading this thread or the Luxire website, not sure).

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My sense is that reasonable people can disagree on this question. It's been re-trod on this thread a fair few times.

But the remake policy has always been clear to me for whatever reason (either from reading this thread or the Luxire website, not sure).

I too think that reasonable people can disagree on this question. Which is precisely why Luxire may want to think about making it absolutely clear on their website so reasonable people can't disagree with the terms.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too think that reasonable people can disagree on this question. Which is precisely why Luxire may want to think about making it absolutely clear on their website so reasonable people can't disagree with the terms.

It’s Groundhog Day for the hundred and something-th time. Luxire’s USP is their flexibility and willingness to try and make pretty much anything you can draw or describe.

But they have an idiosyncratic approach to other matters - for example despite having CMT charges, they do not list anywhere on the website what fabric length is needed for each CMT option (shirt, trousers etc).

Some people find success in Luxire’s flexibility, and come to see the idiosyncracy as charm or at least something which is part of the experience. Others fight it, but it’s not changed since Luxire first started doing business so why now...

brokencycle

Reaction score
Yes. We found one similar that we will be offering. The perfect tobacco has been ordered and will be available in about 3 weeks.

Do let us know what colors you re interested in.

Nice thoughts. Will keep them in mind.

The old ones got sold out. The new ones were not added to the website. We are working on them now, along with these new we will get.

I'd like to see some mid and dark grey that are neutral, not tinged with green or anything. I'd also like to see some tan/brown pants. Part of my problem may actually be this oddity I'm seeing when I search:

Here are all the colors (11 in total) I see if I search "linen cotton canvas":
upload_2019-4-17_14-1-22.png

However, as the search auto suggests, it says there are 28 colors including ones I'd be interested in like cream and tan:
upload_2019-4-17_14-3-8.png

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. It is fair to assume customers who shop with Luxire are also familiar with Styleforum and this particular thread.

2. With that said, this thread has provided more than enough reviews, details and experiences for most reasonable individuals to manage his/her expectations.

3. Several contributors (myself included) have provided comprehensive written reviews on their entire collection of shirts and trousers, not to mention the countless fit photos. The good, bad, and the quirks of dealing Luxire is all here. Luxire has progressed so far in these past couple of years, and a lot of that has been because of the faithful (and honest) contributors in this small but acute Luxire community.

4. I don’t necessarily believe (as of now) Luxire is the superlative choice for those first starting on their tailored menswear journey, but the reality is so many aspects of Luxire’s business model are what keep the costs down. Plus they can create literally anything you want. Hand holding and pandering to every customer ultimately raises prices.

5. Does this make me a shill or trying to signify my relevance to Luxire? Depends. For the past five years I’ve seen several customer outrages in here, and ironically almost all have a common denominator. Anyone who’s spent time in here knows exactly what I’m talking about.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1. It is fair to assume customers who shop with Luxire are also familiar with Styleforum and this particular thread.

2. With that said, this thread has provided more than enough reviews, details and experiences for most reasonable individuals to manage his/her expectations.

3. Several contributors (myself included) have provided comprehensive written reviews on their entire collection of shirts and trousers, not to mention the countless fit photos. The good, bad, and the quirks of dealing Luxire is all here. Luxire has progressed so far in these past couple of years, and a lot of that has been because of the faithful (and honest) contributors in this small but acute Luxire community.

4. I don’t necessarily believe (as of now) Luxire is the superlative choice for those first starting on their tailored menswear journey, but the reality is so many aspects of Luxire’s business model are what keep the costs down. Plus they can create literally anything you want. Hand holding and pandering to every customer ultimately raises prices.

5. Does this make me a shill or trying to signify my relevance to Luxire? Depends. For the past five years I’ve seen several customer outrages in here, and ironically almost all have a common denominator. Anyone who’s spent time in here knows exactly what I’m talking about.

1. No. And I never assume that with my customer either. If something is incorrect on the site but laid out in an online forum, I take the blame for not putting it on the site.

2, 3. I'm sure it has, but are point 1.

4. That has nothing to do with what I'm arguing. I'm just saying make it explicit o the website. They can choose whatever business practices they want to keep costs down, as ALL companies do. Just make the return policy clear.

5. No outrage here. I was just posting updates to my review and experience and have just responded to replies.

You've made a big assumption with point 1 and then kind of went off point. Not sure what your goal was with that post. Now if the website said "please read this thread for all policies and terms", sure. But it doesn't

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s Groundhog Day for the hundred and something-th time. Luxire’s USP is their flexibility and willingness to try and make pretty much anything you can draw or describe.

But they have an idiosyncratic approach to other matters - for example despite having CMT charges, they do not list anywhere on the website what fabric length is needed for each CMT option (shirt, trousers etc).

Some people find success in Luxire’s flexibility, and come to see the idiosyncracy as charm or at least something which is part of the experience. Others fight it, but it’s not changed since Luxire first started doing business so why now...

very well said

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s Groundhog Day for the hundred and something-th time.

Strongly considering making this my new thread signature...

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Luxire

i cannot find a "TRUE" chambray, 100% cotton shirt fabric , on the site? One with the typical blue/white weave and the natural patina/ fading over time.

Can you tell me if one exists?

emptym

Reaction score
This illustrates the problem I mentioned regarding trying to figure out who's at fault. If reasonable people interpret the same things in different ways, it would be difficult if not impossible for anyone to make anything "absolutely clear." This is particularly true, as people have mentioned, when a company strives to make every option possible.

That said, "duties" could certainly have the narrow interpretation you gave it, as "taxes." It could also mean the more general "costs." Perhaps some of the difference stems from different types of English (US/Indian/British...). If I were Luxire, I would probably change the term to costs. But then to someone, somewhere, I'm sure "costs" has a more specific meaning than it does to me.

You enjoy popping in without much content besides a snarky remark, huh?
This is ironic. That member has posted lots of helpful content in this thread and others, whereas you're the one who's "popped in" with the negativity.

You mentioned before that you didn't think your posts were unfair, but I have to wonder, are you treating this (potentially competing...) vendor in the manner you'd want to be treated?
...for example despite having CMT charges, they do not list anywhere on the website what fabric length is needed for each CMT option (shirt, trousers etc).
You make a lot of great points. But a list that specified fabric requirements would be hard to do since it depends on many factors, including the size of the person, how the person wants the garment to fit (full or loose), whether the fabric is plain or patterned, whether things like patch pockets, pleats, cuffs, self-lined jacket fronts, etc. are desired. That said, a general guide could be developed, or an app with those options. And then someone would post unhappily about how something was written.:devil:

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This illustrates the problem I mentioned regarding trying to figure out who's at fault. If reasonable people interpret the same things in different ways, it would be difficult if not impossible for anyone to make anything "absolutely clear." This is particularly true, as people have mentioned, when a company strives to make every option possible.

That said, "duties" could certainly have the narrow interpretation you gave it, as "taxes." It could also mean the more general "costs." Perhaps some of the difference stems from different types of English (US/Indian/British...). If I were Luxire, I would probably change the term to costs. But then to someone, somewhere, I'm sure "costs" has a more specific meaning than it does to me.

This is ironic. That member has posted lots of helpful content in this thread and others, whereas you're the one who's "popped in" with the negativity.

You mentioned before that you didn't think your posts were unfair, but I have to wonder, are you treating this (potentially competing) vendor in the manner you'd want to be treated?

You make a lot of great points. But a list that specified fabric requirements would be hard to do, since it depends on may factors including the size of the person, how the person wants the garment to fit (full or loose), whether the fabric is plain or patterned, whether things like patch pockets, pleats, cuffs, self-lined jacket fronts, etc. are desired. That said, a general guide could be developed, or an app with those options. And then someone would post unhappily about how something was written.:devil:

I popped in with negativity? I popped in with my experience thus far. Please show me a post where I was being negative besides my honest experience thus far. I didn't say Luxire sucked or anything like that. I laid out my experience and said that I was disappointed.

I knew someone would bring up something as stupid as "must be because it's your competition". Seriously, who would be stupid and obvious enough to do this. At least make an alternate account. On top of all that, from what I know Luxire and I aren't competitors. I only deal with leather for the most part and dabble in wool winter outwear. From my understanding, Luxire does pants, shirts and the like.

On top of all that, I said that I would update my experience with a pair of pants that would fit great - which I'm sure they'll deliver on. What a weird way to badmouth competition if I were doing that.

MrTRC

Reaction score
If still taking linen orders: More Cotton-linen shirts in solids, stripes and checks that could go with a tie.

Basically the striped and checked oxfords/ twills etc in cotton-linen.

Variations of the excellent natural linen hopsack: grey doesn't shine in linen IMO. So, shades of green ( olive, khaki-green etc), blue, shades of brown ( tan, fawn, copper etc).

Patterned version of the cotton-linen pique, if possible. Maybe one for the future.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. We found one similar that we will be offering. The perfect tobacco has been ordered and will be available in about 3 weeks.

Nice thoughts. Will keep them in mind.

The old ones got sold out. The new ones were not added to the website. We are working on them now, along with these new we will get.
Very good to hear. Will the selection be rather substantial, as per the previous offerings, are significantly more pared down?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads