• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CDRiis

Reaction score
I've tried mailing Lux but I didn't have much success - I don't think the email team really understands the advice I'm looking for.

I have a well fitting dress shirt pattern.
I can take them off with top three buttons unbuttoned, but it takes a bit of wiggling.
I want to use the pattern for a pop over but want to make it a bit easier to get on/off.

Has anyone had success with something similar?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with something similar?

I asked them for measurement advice to convert a shirt pattern into a popover pattern. It worked out fine. It's not super fitted, but you wouldn't want that for a popover.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to add a few things: very rarely do I want to own a lot of the exact same thing. Like, I probably wouldn't want to order 3x of the same cut of dress shirt in different fabrics. Over the years, I've developed about 5 different patterns for shirts/pants with Luxire that I can pull from, but because of the customization options that Luxire offers, I really enjoy trying new things.

From the recent revelations as to how Luxire prioritizes orders, I now understand that every order from me needs to be reviewed by a special team. Which means that the guaranteed timely turnaround time isn't applicable. Which means it's pretty much a crapshoot of when it's going to be delivered.

My last order took 3 months (during busy season, I know). I'm also moving in the next 3-4 months, and because I have no idea how long the next one will take, I can't take the risk of placing another order.

Such is life I guess. I've had only a few expectation issues with Luxire, but never any quality problems. Adjusting my own expectations accordingly...

joewmoss

Reaction score
This has not been my experience either and I have been a customer since 2012 / 13. That said, I have not sent in anything to be duplicated. I have re-ordered several times off an existing pattern from several years ago and that has worked better than I would have expected. I spent a great deal of time getting certain measurements correct for both trouser and dress shirt patterns back in 2013 and that has paid dividends over time. Maybe that is their core competency.

What are peoples experience with items being made incorrectly and swatches not being sent?

I'm having a small issue now where I sent in a pair of trousers to have the fit replicated with some specific changes. I had read comments about always being as clear as possible, so I decided to send in an annotated diagram, to be completely sure it was explained thoroughly.
Here is the pictures that was sent:

I also wrote:
'Please make MEASUREMENTS (including pleat position/depth/fly etc) exactly as sample pants, but make waistband 0.5 inch shorter, as detailed in the following diagram:'

I'm not entirely sure how I could have been any clearer. The trousers arrived about 10 days ago and the waistband wasn't 0.5" shorter, the pleats were in different places, the fly wasn't the same length. I understand that these are specific details, but I feel that's the point of paying to send something in. My understanding is that Luxire are generally quite good at replicating specific parts of a fit, so perhaps I had a new member of staff or was just unlucky?

The swatches I also requested and paid for weren't sent with the order.

That being said, the make of the trousers does seem fantastic, so complete credit there! I am very impressed with the standard of what they've created, even if it wasn't quite what I asked for.

I sent an e-mail mentioning this when they arrived 10 days ago, and despite a bit of back and forth, which was me being told that they will get back to me, I've still had no response to asking what to do regarding the trousers. They haven't said whether I could send them back to have the waistband re-done, or anything like that. All that they've managed to say so far is that the swatches will be shipped with my next order.

I feel this leaves me in a position where they're being silent about the trousers being made incorrectly, and I now have no idea whether the next pair would be made correctly, on what would have to be a $100-$200 gamble on a fabric I haven't managed to feel because I didn't receive the swatches.

Its just a little frustrating, because I do quite want to give Luxire another go, but I'm not exactly being given any confidence to proceed.

Is this typical of the Luxire experience, and does anyone have any insight on what I should do?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
ANNOUNCING A BIG CHANGE
----------------------------------

Learning from experience and feedback, we are now moving towards a model of First-in-first-served for order processing.
With this, all orders will be processed in the order they are received.

This will completely solve the issue of delays and bring our average order processing time down drastically.

Since yesterday, we are working on only the old orders and will continue doing so till we are back on track to current orders.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the current backlog like?

Would be nice to know how long it would take to clear that, before placing a new order.

And what about orders placed earlier, but haven’t initiated production due to finalizing sizing from other garments.

henaal

Reaction score
Haha, I can confirm their statement to be true: some 3 days ago I received a message saying that my trouser order from November will be soon in production and shipped within two weeks. Yesterday I received another message saying that the fabric is out of stock, and asked to pick another one. I did and was promised that production will be initiated tomorrow (today). Happy with the change and service attitude.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the current backlog like?

Would be nice to know how long it would take to clear that, before placing a new order.

And what about orders placed earlier, but haven’t initiated production due to finalizing sizing from other garments.

Still taking stock of the backlog in terms of time. Current estimation is 2 weeks.

Orders will be processed once all details are received.

For overly complex orders or where order initiation requires reading through a long mail chain, we will ask the customer to simplify the instructions.
This will result in faster service and fewer errors.

kapelo

Reaction score
@luxire - I don’t fully agree with your explation. My October order has not been delivered yet although I’m returning customer and made very little changes to my already existing trouser pattern (such as -1cm from waist and + 1cm to cuff, thats about it), and still it has taken very long time and I’m also on my 3rd or 4th row of ”sorry we will deliver next week, I promise” now.

I love your products, but this level of issues with communication/production is starting to get unacceptable on my standards. I work on a big4 consulting company and a lot of my colleagues as well as clients have asked where I have gotten my so well fitting and good looking clothes, and thusfar I have recommended you guys until very recently as one my client’s told me that he had ordered from you and it has taken very long and and the customer service has been poor. As you probably understand that puts me into very awkward spot and undermines my authority.

So in a conclusion, I hope you will be able to fix things asap, and more importantly, don’t give any promises you know you cant’t keep in at least 99 % of the cases. It is always, and I can’t stress enough the word always, to say ”we’ll deliver asap” rather that saying ”you’ll get it next week” and then fail to do so on multiple occasions on regular basis. Very simple, yet extremely important customer service 101.

Update: I was promised on Monday morning, that my order will be shipped during that day. As i didn’t receive any confirmation in this regard I enquired about the status on Monday evening and thusfar no reply to my email nor shipping cobfirmation.

Certainly good to hear that there will be changes shortly.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a indigo blue chambray shirt to be made into a BD?

Also, I haven't ordered too many flannel pants in the past and getting a 'Drago Super 130s Flannel' in Charcoal made up. Do these pants look fabrics look odd without a cuff? Best bet to add a 1.5" cuff to it?

Rio Journey

Reaction score
@luxire and all. I have seen some swatches of Fresco being posted here in this topic, and if possible I would kindly ask for some advise regarding the grey tones. I will be ordering two Fresco suits, one being a dark-grey/dark-charcoal, and the other somewhere between medium-grey/grey, both for work at a law firm with A/C (but outside temperatures of 30-40ºC/86-105ºF).

However, I am not certain about the accuracy of the tones presented at HFW's website, and I have seen luxire claiming that they were actually off-tone, thus providing more photos at their own website.

For the the dark-grey/dark-charcoal, I was aiming at this tone:
1.PNG

Would that be 510214? Or 510250? Or maybe 510283? I would tend to get the 214, since it is 8/9oz and I want to try at least one of the lighter weights Fresco provides, but I could use some confirmation regarding the tone, to aim as close as possible to that picture. For what I have seen online, it is most likely 510250, but lighting is always different/artificial, making it difficult to be sure.

The second suit would be a mid-grey/grey, which I believe tends to be near 510249, but maybe that one is a tone bit lighter in tone than what I am aiming for? Here are two examples of what I want to get close to:
2.jpg

3.jpg

I also thought of going for the grey glen check (510265) instead of the mid-grey, but the only pictures I have seen of it were unfortunately very dark and under artificial light, so maybe that would be too risky.
4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Thanks for the support!

cashmeregoat

Reaction score
Hi! About to order my first pair of trousers through luxire and I need some advise.. My plan is to grab my measurements from another pair of trousers I own. But I would also like to raise the waist with 2cm as well as adding a few cm to the pant width as well as length. Have anyone had any success in doing this?

Andrew E

Reaction score
For those interested in production timing right now:

1/10/19: Placed an order for a pair of trousers
1/10/19: Emailed Luxire with request for minor modifications to my existing pattern
1/16/19: Luxire confirmed pattern changes
1/18/19: Pattern changes finalized
2/2/19: Trousers shipped
2/6/19: Trousers Received (ConUS)

I'm quite surprised with the rapid turnaround, and the trousers are spot on in terms of quality. Well done, Luxire!

aj805

Reaction score
Hi! About to order my first pair of trousers through luxire and I need some advise.. My plan is to grab my measurements from another pair of trousers I own. But I would also like to raise the waist with 2cm as well as adding a few cm to the pant width as well as length. Have anyone had any success in doing this?

Yes.

General advise for first garments:

1. You can provide measurements such as you describe, but in general it is advised to just send in a garment and they replicate it. Avoids issues with measurement mistakes and "translations". A cheap, thrifted pair of pants that have been altered to fit just right works, and you won't miss them.

2. If providing measurements, make sure to think through the whole garment and specify all the details in one go. You don't want to specify 6 things but forget 2 that make the pants come out wrong. For example, if you're raising the waist 2cm, it is possible that the waist "around" measurement might also need to be different as they'll sit at a different part of the body. Or, if the idea is that you're turning a mid-rise pant into a fuller, high-rise pattern, will pleats be added? If so, these should be specified, and also consider that you may typically want add more than 2cm to the hips/thighs during such a change. I always specify which buttons (color/style) and lining that I want that best works with the fabric, since otherwise Luxire will choose for you and may not like the outcome. That kind of stuff.

3. For a first pair, do the "trial" pants, or some other cheap material.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads