• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of the shirt fabrics have been added with our base price of $59.99 or $60 as an early adapter reward. Prices valid till next update.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Luxire fans,

In a few emails back and fourth with Ashish, I had mentioned that it would be great if we could crowd source some summer weight trousers. Ashish and the Luxire team ran a similar program with the new Minnis Flannel book last fall, and I suggested we do the same program with a few of the new Minnis Fresco's.

My proposal to Ashish was to offer 3 gray options in the 9-10oz. 280/310g. Frescos. Those familiar with the cloth need no introduction, it is the quintessential summer wool. For those unfamiliar with the cloth it has a dry hand, an open weave made from a high twist wool that has a wonderful drape, holds a crease and resists wrinkles, not to mention wears like iron. The cloth has a slightly scratchy texture, so some like to have them lined. Personally I prefer them unlined which allows them to breath more freely when the temperature rises.

For the offer we settled on the following 3 grays:
Light Gray 510246
Mid Gray 510248
Dark Gray 510249
IMG_7977.JPG

Luxire agreed to offer them at 249.99 if we can meet a minimum of 10 pairs in each color, which is a wonderful value.

If you were to source your own cloth through Hudderfield Fine Worsted, you would need at minimum 2 meters at: £103.60 + shipping which is £10-£20 your looking at ~$160 just for the cloth! Luxire already represents a tremendous deal (as we all know) and this just sweetens it that much more.

Here are a few images taken of my swatches with a sport coat, shirt and tie to give you an idea on how they may be worn. All 3 grays are very versatile with nearly any summer coat from cream to navy and everywhere in between. The shirt shown is a light blue cotton linen blend, with a dark navy grenadine tie both from @luxire the sport coat is a VBC mid blue hopsack from the Drapers book made by a local tailor. The second image is a better representation of the colors.
fullsizeoutput_248a.jpeg

Detail to show textures:
IMG_7981.JPG

Against the light to show the open nature of the weave:
IMG_7983.JPG

Please let @luxire know your thoughts, and if you have any questions about the cloth feel free to send me a DM. I have a suit and one pair of odd trousers in the same cloth and I happy to answer any questions about it. I am in for one of each, and would love to get the Sand Fresco as well, but grays are more useful as a starting point. I am really excited about this, lets make it happen!

Best, and a big thanks to Ashish for offering this opportunity.

DL-

Chrisone

Reaction score
There's A LOT of different blue oxford shirt fabrics for sale on the new site. @luxire , how do we separate them from another? Are the photos true representation of color and look?

Last edited:

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Luxire fans,

In a few emails back and fourth with Ashish, I had mentioned that it would be great if we could crowd source some summer weight trousers. Ashish and the Luxire team ran a similar program with the new Minnis Flannel book last fall, and I suggested we do the same program with a few of the new Minnis Fresco's.

My proposal to Ashish was to offer 3 gray options in the 9-10oz. 280/310g. Frescos. Those familiar with the cloth need no introduction, it is the quintessential summer wool. For those unfamiliar with the cloth it has a dry hand, an open weave made from a high twist wool that has a wonderful drape, holds a crease and resists wrinkles, not to mention wears like iron. The cloth has a slightly scratchy texture, so some like to have them lined. Personally I prefer them unlined which allows them to breath more freely when the temperature rises.

Light Gray 510246
Mid Gray 510248
Dark Gray 510249
View attachment 804869

Luxire agreed to offer them at 249.99 if we can meet a minimum of 10 pairs in each color, which is a wonderful value.

If you were to source your own cloth through Hudderfield Fine Worsted, you would need at minimum 2 meters at: £103.60 + shipping which is £10-£20 your looking at ~$160 just for the cloth! Luxire already represents a tremendous deal (as we all know) and this just sweetens it that much more.

Here are a few images taken of my swatches with a sport coat, shirt and tie to give you an idea on how they may be worn. All 3 grays are very versatile with nearly any summer coat from cream to navy and everywhere in between. The shirt shown is a light blue cotton linen blend, with a dark navy grenadine tie both from @luxire the sport coat is a VBC mid blue hopsack from the Drapers book made by a local tailor. The second image is a better representation of the colors.
View attachment 804870
Detail to show textures:
View attachment 804871
View attachment 804872

Please let @luxire know your thoughts, and if you have any questions about the cloth feel free to send me a DM. I have a suit and one pair of odd trousers in the same cloth and I happy to answer any questions about it. I am in for one of each, and would love to get the Sand Fresco as well, but grays are more useful as a starting point. I am really excited about this, lets make it happen!

DL-

I am in for 248!

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Luxire fans,

Light Gray 510246
Mid Gray 510248
Dark Gray 510249
View attachment 804869

View attachment 804870
Detail to show textures:
View attachment 804871
View attachment 804872

DL-

I am in for 248!

johnross2007

Reaction score
What are y'all's favorite shirts to wear professionally with a suit? I'm looking to buy a bunch of whites and light blues, and a few light pinks. I plan on ordering a bunch of swatches soon, but I don't even know where to start.

edit: I've been wanting to try a royal oxford, but Luxire only has pink. What do y'all think of royal oxford?

edit2: only beta website has two options. old website still has a ton of royal oxfords. My bad.

Bazsy

Reaction score
What are y'all's favorite shirts to wear professionally with a suit? I'm looking to buy a bunch of whites and light blues, and a few light pinks. I plan on ordering a bunch of swatches soon, but I don't even know where to start.

edit: I've been wanting to try a royal oxford, but Luxire only has pink. What do y'all think of royal oxford?
If you on the old site click on shirts at the top you see the shirts ordered by the number of reviews. That should help you see which ones are the favorites.
There are many royal oxfords. Try searching the old site for "royal oxford". You can also search for pinpoint oxfords.
The new site does not have all fabrics yet. In a few days it should.

bookbrother

Reaction score
Hello Luxire fans,

Light Gray 510246
Mid Gray 510248
Dark Gray 510249
View attachment 804869

View attachment 804870
Detail to show textures:
View attachment 804871
View attachment 804872

DL-

I am in for 248 and 249. Exciting!

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you on the old site click on shirts at the top you see the shirts ordered by the number of reviews. That should help you see which ones are the favorites.
There are many royal oxfords. Try searching the old site for "royal oxford". You can also search for pinpoint oxfords.
The new site does not have all fabrics yet. In a few days it should.

Bazsy.....

Im not clear what u mean by this:

can u explain?.....Im curious

johnross2007

Reaction score
Bazsy.....

Im not clear what u mean by this:

can u explain?.....Im curious

I attached a picture of what I think he meant. It worked for me.

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 4.12.00 PM.png

Bazsy

Reaction score
Exactly!

If you check the first 10 you will understand what I mean. Lots of photos and reviews. I realized this for a few weeks ago.

sdfzs

Reaction score
Any general recommendation for increasing the raise of a pair of pants? I successfully replicated a pair of medium raise pants and would like a slightly higher waist. Is it foolish to just assume that i symmetrically increase the front raise, back raise and pant length?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carwyn