• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ramses smuckles

Reaction score

Spandexter

Reaction score
I'm passed 8 weeks waiting on a pair of standard trousers using vbc fabric
1f914.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some VBC fabrics were restocked last week and orders in those should be shipped soon.

Thanks, hadn't seen that before. Would be helpful to see some photos of it worn and unbuttoned. @luxire , do you have any photos like that?

There are some good images of the classic shirt on the Fedora Lounge. This is a good starting point.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for @luxire and @LuxireStudio
Since you can order Dugdale fabrics, can you also get Dugdale buttons? It would be nice to have them as options for tailored jackets.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miscellaneous: The internal drawstring (in my view a useful way to avoid the colonial overtones of a belt) is horrible. It's the cheap kind that comes in a gym bag, and it doesn't really work. I knotted it on each end, so it provides some service. I didn't specify what kind of drawstring I'd like, but I never envisioned this would be the stock option. The cheap plastic fobs dangle outside the jacket. The buttonholes and stitching are of disappointing quality. I'd expected some hand work, given the price ($450!). Under the collar, the machine stitching actually runs off the seam in a crooked line (see below). The hidden placket is only lightly tacked, and clearly won't stand much heavy use. In fact, one of the tacks had already ripped apart by the time I received the jacket. Compared to the handwork, stitching, buttonholes, and tacks of Luxire pants, this is a major disappointment, especially considering this is essentially a heavy, expensive shirt.
Thanks for posting your experience with your safari jacket.

The buttonholes on Luxire tailored garments have not been up to their overall high standard. I have pointed this out to them several times over the past couple of years. They are generally getting better but there has been surprising variation in buttonhole quality from one jacket to the next. Despite the general improvement in their buttonholes, in my experience their basic keyhole buttonhole stitching has not been as good as that found on department store RTW jackets. I find this very odd since they do so many other things well.

I think you have to be extremely specific about uncommon details such as internal drawstrings. That being said, Luxire has been very good to work with--you might try e-mailing them to see if they can change out the drawstring to something more suitable if you can provide photos of what you want. I'm sure they would also repair the placket.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads