• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

jpauly

Reaction score
As we start working on a wider trunk show offering and presence, we are making a small change to the trunk show booking process.

Given the high cost of trunk shows, we now require that every customer visiting a trunk show commit to a minimum purchase or a jacket of $1500 in merchandise. The purchase needs to be made prior to booking the time. Can also be made in the form of a trunk-show only gift card.

Visiting the subsequent 1-2 trunk show for fitting will not require any additional purchase.

The original idea of having the trunk show as an extension of the online offering is not working out to be feasible in its current form. After the initial cycle, the patterns can certainly be used for online orders.

We will do Zurich, Oslo and Stockholm again within the next 4-6 weeks. Depending on the outcome, the plan is to come to Helsinki, London, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, NY and another 2-3 US cities in the March-May period.

Would love to see New Orleans on your list; and if not New Orleans, then Dallas, Houston, or Atlanta.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire Hoping that Boston makes the cut. If not, then a trip to NY will be easy enough to arrange.
Agreed re: Boston

dtgsigns

Reaction score

So I just found an awesome luxire jacket on tumblr, the owner's take on liverano's Florentine style, and I am really impressed with the result based on the pics. Apologies if you are a SF member just I had to share and awesome tumblr by the way

http://invainvanity.tumblr.com

tumblr_inline_nc7biqUfyL1rkkumg.jpg

tumblr_inline_nc7biip9dX1rkkumg.jpg

tumblr_inline_nc7bia4tvJ1rkkumg.jpg

@Luxire

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Contango

Reaction score
Anyone had experiences with women's shirts from @luxire ? I'm very happy with my first shirts so thinking of recommending a female friend who's looking for some tailored shirts get one done at one of the better places locally and send to Luxire for copying. I can't see that they would have any issues with it?

Cityplace

Reaction score
As we start working on a wider trunk show offering and presence, we are making a small change to the trunk show booking process.

Given the high cost of trunk shows, we now require that every customer visiting a trunk show commit to a minimum purchase or a jacket of $1500 in merchandise. The purchase needs to be made prior to booking the time. Can also be made in the form of a trunk-show only gift card.

Visiting the subsequent 1-2 trunk show for fitting will not require any additional purchase.

The original idea of having the trunk show as an extension of the online offering is not working out to be feasible in its current form. After the initial cycle, the patterns can certainly be used for online orders.

We will do Zurich, Oslo and Stockholm again within the next 4-6 weeks. Depending on the outcome, the plan is to come to Helsinki, London, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, NY and another 2-3 US cities in the March-May period.

Yes. Please.

emptym

Reaction score
My wife has some very nice dresses from Luxire. I need to order a shirt too.

moopband

Reaction score
Fully understand the business reasoning for the dollar limit - but unfortunate for me who just wanted some in-person input on my current Luxire shirts and pants so that I can perfect my fit for good. Getting suggestions via pictures and email can only be so helpful.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that a $1500 minimum purchase is a huge barrier to entry. With New York specifically, it doesn't make sense that the administrative offices are in Edison (at most a one hour train ride, maybe a $20 ticket at the highest) but I would still be required to purchase $1500 of goods. There's no way I (or multiple people I know interested in custom clothing at good prices) would attend with that sort of mandate.

To be honest, I'm not sure I would attend the show if I was required to spend $150 let alone $15. As an online business selling clothes, I think it's extremely helpful to view samples in person. To put it simply a purchase requirement (as large as $1500) is going to turn more people away than it will bring.

Respectfully, for a brand as young as Luxire, trunk shows are an investment, not a revenue generator.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads