• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@patliean1 With your indigo chambray shirts, given you have now had them for a little while, have you seen much shrinkage over time?

To be honest I haven't seen any shrinkage. However, I also wash in cold water and hang dry them.

Just my luck...I'm currently visiting Stockholm and it just happens to be a weekend with minimal trunk shows. Can't afford BN Tailor
1f621.png

Shoegazing Super Trunk Show was last week and Luxire's show is in two weeks

Last edited:

Bruges

Reaction score
I have three pairs of pants that I am more then happy with. I am now thinking of ordering a pair with a few cm higher waist. Is it easy to get them well fitting just by requesting that they make them higher from my previous measurement or is it risky to do that?
I have the same question.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To be honest I haven't seen any shrinkage. However, I also wash in cold water and hang dry them.

Just my luck...I'm currently visiting Stockholm and it just happens to be a weekend with minimal trunk shows. Can't afford BN Tailor
1f621.png

Shoegazing Super Trunk Show was last week and Luxire's show is in two weeks

Will come to your town to see you my friend, hopefully soon.

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire ?

This has been discussed several times, including here. Search the thread for "increase rise".

The short answer I have found is to ask for the result you want, not the particlar changes, ie. instead of saying "increase front rise 5cm" or anything drastic, put in the notes that you would like the same fit but adjustments so that the overall rise is x cm higher.

ptr1988

Reaction score
@ptr1988 @wigglr did either of you solve the problem with the diagonal pull lines going to the second button? I noticed it on a new oxford cloth shirt with the same measurements as a previous shirt. Never had that occur before.
Shoulder slope for me.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Add our best and widest collection of fabric today, from EThomas. Available for both pants and jackets:

Links for: PANTS & JACKETS
---------------------------------------------
Fabrics are instock and ready to order.
---------------------------------------------
Not much room for introductory discount but customs need to be followed: 10% using code ETHOMAS , this week only.
----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

OzWino

Reaction score
The EThomas fabric look super soft. However I seem to be pretty hard on my trousers, so with 130's, 140's, cashmere, etc I wonder how they will wear over time?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The EThomas fabric look super soft. However I seem to be pretty hard on my trousers, so with 130's, 140's, cashmere, etc I wonder how they will wear over time?

That is the reason EThomas stands out to us. Their fabrics never feel filmsy. They are well constructed and can take some beating.

The mill was started by a British family to make sturdy fabrics that could be used in war and harsh conditions. Though they have evolved, the ethos of sturdiness has remained.

Another item that we are excited about a flannel made by Drago, called "Rugby flannel". It is another solid item with a great feel. We are hopeful of having them late this winter or early next.

As trousers have been the mainstay of our offerings, we have been hunting for fabrics that are luxurious but still strong. Have found good options in some of the small, lesser known Italian mills like EThomas, Drago and Campore.

OzWino

Reaction score
Thanks @luxire. Technically i wonder how that happens? I assumed 130's 140's etc would be fragile fabrics. But i guess you can still have high twist etc to make them stronger. Mind you my knowledge of fabric construction is basic at best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads