• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

jddgfd

Reaction score
Looking at making my first Luxire purchase and first MTM purchase ever. Nervous about multiple details from picking a good fabric to making sure my selections and measurements are what i actually want and was hoping for some input from the experienced people here.

I am looking at buying a white shirt for beach formal. Was leaning toward the pinpoint oxford but also looking at the lustrous fine white. I like the texture of the pinpoint oxford but not sure about the exact differences in the shirts.

I saw a picture of a tuxedo back several pages with an diamond type french cuff, does this type of cuff have a name as I really liked the look of it.

For the English spread collar, what is the the spread and point lengths?

For my first MTM any strong recommendations on trying to make the measurements the first time as close as possible? I only have OTR shirts and don't know if I can get measurements off any that I particularly like the fit of?

Last question is regarding getting pleats in the back. I had never though about the pleats and am not sure if the side/center pleats are needed in different circumstances or if its all aesthetics?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance for the help!

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking at making my first Luxire purchase and first MTM purchase ever.  Nervous about multiple details from picking a good fabric to making sure my selections and measurements are what i actually want and was hoping for some input from the experienced people here.

I am looking at buying a white shirt for beach formal.  Was leaning toward the pinpoint oxford but also looking at the lustrous fine white.  I like the texture of the pinpoint oxford but not sure about the exact differences in the shirts.

I would go for the oxford as it will give you that informality that the beach dictates

I saw a picture of a tuxedo back several pages with an diamond type french cuff, does this type of cuff have a name as I really liked the look of it.

For the English spread collar, what is the the spread and point lengths?

For my first MTM any strong recommendations on trying to make the measurements the first time as close as possible? I only have OTR shirts and don't know if I can get measurements off any that I particularly like the fit of?

what I did was find my best fitting shirt and followed Luxire's instructions really carefully. If you know that your best fitting shirt has sleeves that are too long, creases in the shoulder etc just change it. I think for your first shirt I would recommend doing the trial fit shirt, tweaking and then plumping for the oxford shirt you want. It's pretty hard to get your fit perfect first time.

Last question is regarding getting pleats in the back.  I had never though about the pleats and am not sure if the side/center pleats are needed in different circumstances or if its all aesthetics?
do you mean darts? I have darts in the back of mine to take up some excess fabric. Works well for me.

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance for the help!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sweaters update:

They are being remade and hopefully the results will be better this time around.

More good news is that we also have Merino available in a few colors, if we get to the next round of orders soon enough.

emc894

Reaction score
Could I get the forums advice for dialing in the fit on my luxire shirts? Pictures attached, I think the fit currently is reasonable, but not that flattering and its hard for me to figure out why. I think the chest might be slightly tight? Really appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could I get the forums advice for dialing in the fit on my luxire shirts? Pictures attached, I think the fit currently is reasonable, but not that flattering and its hard for me to figure out why. I think the check might be slightly tight? Really appreciate the feedback.
on the side photo, do you see the drag lines across your chest/upper waist? This suggests that your shirt is too tight there. I'd consider adding material to the front of the chest and waist and removing material from the back waist. Can't say for sure from the pictures but maybe the armholes are a bit high? You'd be the best judge of that. I might shorten the sleeves slightly (maybe 0.5").

Finally, and this is a purely stylistic preference, but I might consider a taller and larger collar. The one on your shirt looks a bit small for your proportions.

Last edited:

kali77

Reaction score
Late to the game here. First test shirt ordered
1f44d.png
. Went with the Alumo white poplin. Looking forward to being a long term customer.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Looking forward to the new website. Looking to buy a couple new shirts, and being able to search fabrics more easily will definitely help.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone make ambrosi pants recently? I know there was timo's, did anyone else take a shot at them?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Carlo Riva Shirts are now available.

These fabrics are the finest one can wear for shirts. Even silk has never felt so soft. I say this without exaggeration.

We have added an introductory discount, which will go on for the next 5 days.

Quesjac

Reaction score
@luxire Are there any spare buttons sewn somewhere on trousers? If not, could I request a spare for my Luxire cords to be included with my next order? One of the waist closure buttons is slowly working loose and I'd like to have a spare. This is the colour:

Shirter

Reaction score
One of the waist closure buttons is slowly working loose and I'd like to have a spare.
I'll confess that I don't always take my own advice in this matter, but when one is aware that a button is coming loose it seems sensible to take the button off and to then sew it back on so that a loose button does not become a lost button!

Quesjac

Reaction score
I'll confess that I don't always take my own advice in this matter, but when one is aware that a button is coming loose it seems sensible to take the button off and to then sew it back on so that a loose button does not become a lost button!
A fair point, of course, though I do tend to think about it only after I've put the trousers on.

bik2101

Reaction score
where exactly are the hip measurements supposed to be taken?
the picture guide on luxire website isn't the most instructive as it doesn't necessarily state where along the top block the hip measurement should be measured.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads