• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone besides me still waiting for their GR shirts from Black Friday to be fulfilled, let alone shipped?

Arion

Reaction score
Same for some brisbane moss pants. I did send in some stuff for alterations as well. Ashish told me they were working on my order last week and it should ship this week. :)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The best summer wool option probably is the Cape Breeze by Dugdale. It has some mohair which makes it cooler but does adds a bit of shine. Not too much though.

Otherwise, the Dugdale New Fine Worsted and the Minnis Fresco are great options.

Those sound like good options.

I have a swatch of your Minnis Fresco, and would love to compare it to the Dugdale Cape Breeze fabric. I'm worried that your Dugdale linen fabrics will just get destroyed with wrinkles through the day. Then again, i'm looking to make casual jackets for Florida weather, so it might not matter...

p.henrik

Reaction score

I see. Thank you for your input. I'd be willing to try a pair if they had a versatile grey. According to the site, this is mid-grey: and this is light grey: @luxire - Any input on that mid-grey? Maybe a better picture? Looks VERY dark to me. I'd call it dark charcoal if relying solely on that picture.
Here's a better pic of some frescos. I think the 0512 is the mid-grey you referenced (you can see the number in the luxire url). It's considerably lighter than luxires picture, but as was pointed out, minnis swatches are your best bet.

cardiffrover

Reaction score

My latest order.
G&R Flame Red Gingham Oxford with the Barba BD Collar
Superfine White 200/2 With the cutaway collar from order 9495 (Not mine but forget who to give credit to)
Cool White Linen Cotton with Luxire club collar

First the good - The G&R is a nice fabric for a solid casual shirt, no surprises. The Cool Linen Cotton was much nicer than expected for the $$ and will be a great summer shirt, really pleased with that one.

I also ordered a pocket square in the fine white linen and was very impressed, I will be ordering a shirt in it instead of G&R Ari.

The superfine white is the first shirt from Luxire that has disappointed me. It may be double ply 200 but it in no way feels or looks like it, just further proof that, in general, count means very little compared to quality of staple used. I would actually call this shirting terrible. Like many others here, I'm still looking for the go-to white shirting from Luxire.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
9495 is mine (we'll really Proper Cloth's that we're copying). We can call it the Cowperwood Cutaway perhaps...

:rotflmao:

Nice set of shirts. Sorry to hear that the white cloth didn't meet expectations, but it's good feedback for everyone here to hear this.

I think I've got the flame red coming from the Thanksgiving sale. Can't recall at the moment.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Looking ahead to spring and summer, can anyone who has ordered linen trousers comment on how badly they wrinkle, how do they drape and hold their shape, etc.

cardiffrover

Reaction score
9495 is mine (we'll really Proper Cloth's that we're copying). We can call it the Cowperwood Cutaway perhaps...

rotflmao.gif

Nice set of shirts. Sorry to hear that the white cloth didn't meet expectations, but it's good feedback for everyone here to hear this.

I think I've got the flame red coming from the Thanksgiving sale. Can't recall at the moment.

Well, it would certainly make it easier to remember!

Yeah, I was expecting more from the white but was still cautious due to the white shirt topic coming up so frequently so, while disappointed not necessarily surprised. It's also why I shared my opinion so bluntly. I'm not sure if I'm going to try the zero gravity or G&R poplin next but will be sure to share my impressions.

henn

Reaction score
Anyone besides me still waiting for their GR shirts from Black Friday to be fulfilled, let alone shipped?
I just received mine today ( in Europe ), guess because of the time zone difference europeans ordered before those in north america and if luxire works on a first in first out basis they will finish the europe orders first I assume

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking ahead to spring and summer, can anyone who has ordered linen trousers comment on how badly they wrinkle, how do they drape and hold their shape, etc.

I have several pairs of the less expensive linen trousers that Luxire offers, and they're all great, very nice drape with minimal wrinkling. The navy linen and chocolate brown linen are especially nice, I wear them constantly in warmer weather.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
@Luxire what is the process for getting custom shoes done? Also, I'd like to get a suit done up but I don't have anything that fits me well enough to send in for copying. I recall there was some discussion earlier about a $75 canvas jacket that could be created using measurements and then altered to use as a reference? Is that correct? If so, how do I go about ordering it?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Luxire what is the process for getting custom shoes done? Also, I'd like to get a suit done up but I don't have anything that fits me well enough to send in for copying. I recall there was some discussion earlier about a $75 canvas jacket that could be created using measurements and then altered to use as a reference? Is that correct? If so, how do I go about ordering it?

For shoes, this can be a good place to start. We can then continue the discussion over email.

For suits, you can provide measurements and we can make you a canvas jacket. We can do multiple iterations of the canvas, each at $75. To order, please send us an email.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads