• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The question might have been why not just pay through your credit card then instead of paypal...I guess because of the security of paypal rather than relying on however and whoever is handling the data for direct credit charges. Either way I agree that pending on your credit card overseas transaction costs it can work out a lot better the paypal exchange rate is pretty poor.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Monkeyface Nice trousers!

Paypal adds close to 3% to the transaction if you have them deduct a foreign currency transaction right from your bank balance. At least in the U.S. This is ironic since they "warn" you about the foreign transaction fee if you use a credit card (and many credit cards do levy this fee). Of course PayPal wants the default payment source to be your bank balance, domestic or foreign transaction, so that they don't have to give a cut to the credit card issuer. PayPal is a nice service but they arent exactly forthright in this specific instance.

zedd

Reaction score

Received my black friday order a while ago and after a bunch of wears, can I get advise on how to improve the fit? Obviously the back isnt very flattering (diaper + wedgie)

The pants fits fine from the thigh down but needs more fix for the rest. Waist fits good.
These are the chocolate canvas. Thanks!

Thrifter

Reaction score

@Monkeyface Nice trousers!

Paypal adds close to 3% to the transaction if you have them deduct a foreign currency transaction right from your bank balance. At least in the U.S. This is ironic since they "warn" you about the foreign transaction fee if you use a credit card (and many credit cards do levy this fee). Of course PayPal wants the default payment source to be your bank balance, domestic or foreign transaction, so that they don't have to give a cut to the credit card issuer. PayPal is a nice service but they arent exactly forthright in this specific instance.

I loathe Paypal. I can only hope that Bitcoin grows in popularity. Actually I think Shopify supports BTC payment so in theory Luxire could add Bitcoin support, but there is probably no demand for it right now.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The question might have been why not just pay through your credit card then instead of paypal...I guess because of the security of paypal rather than relying on however and whoever is handling the data for direct credit charges. Either way I agree that pending on your credit card overseas transaction costs it can work out a lot better the paypal exchange rate is pretty poor.

Our credit cards are processed by Stripe. We do not store or even receive your credit card details. Even if the customer requests, the system does not allow us to charge the card more than once.

In fact, if the customer places an order for $100 worth of goods and we charge only $90. If we want to charge the remaining $10 later, the system will not allow us to do that.

Also, the hold charge expires in a week instead of a month with Paypal.

For most part, you are safe and protected using either option. I would say that you should choose the one which gives you the better rate.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my final Luxire shoes today, I just got home from a late meeting and quickly tried the shoes on before hopping into bed, so I can't write a long review now, but long story short they are fantastic. Fit is excellent, leather is soft and supple, craftsmanship and construction are top notch. I couldn't be happier! I definitely look forward to ordering more pairs in the future now that my last is set. And this is the same pair of tan balmorals that Luxire posted ITT about a week ago. I'll write a more detailed review and take some more pics once I have some more time.

On the other hand, my recent shirt order came in with some issues...I don't know what happened, but almost every measurement is 0.5-1" larger than I usually have. I've ordered tons of shirts using the same pattern, but for some reason these all made up too big. I was planning on sending in a jacket for replication anyway, so I'll ship these shirts back along with the jacket to get the alterations made.

emptym

Reaction score
^Great! I've been enjoying my Luxire shoes. Green sneaks:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Both ways are charging the credit card, the difference is that the credit card company is doing the currency conversion instead of Paypal doing it before charging.

I'm going to do this from now on. Seriously, last week I made a payment for other stuff and the exchange type was $14.90 pesos for $1 dollar, PayPal took the exchange type at $15.40 pesos for $1 dollar. Insane!

p.henrik

Reaction score

My trousers from the sale just arrived, and I'm incredibly impressed. Hats off, Luxire, you managed to nail the fit and executed all of my requests perfectly! Details: Dugdale flannel, double pleated, sewn in crease (military crease), coin pocket, side adjusters, and slanted 2" cuffs. Now obviously they need a pressing to smooth out all of the folds and wrinkles from shipping, but I thought I'd post some quick fit pics:
Great fit. Don't think I've seen double forward pleats before.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have "in the wild" pics of the Hunt Winter light grey flannel? I just want to make sure it's light enough for what I want. Thanks.

itraxx

Reaction score
Anyone have "in the wild" pics of the Hunt Winter light grey flannel? I just want to make sure it's light enough for what I want. Thanks.

I have a swatch of the 'Melange' one but apparently it is out of stock and will not be restocked.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Are you happy with the sewn in crease? Is the yarn visible? I've been playing with the thought of getting some duck canvas trousers for golfing with a crease like this. Though I fear they will look funny unless you iron the trousers at least a little.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you happy with the sewn in crease? Is the yarn visible? I've been playing with the thought of getting some duck canvas trousers for golfing with a crease like this. Though I fear they will look funny unless you iron the trousers at least a little.

I can hardly tell myself it's there, and I know where to look. I work in a pretty conservative environment, and believe me, I wouldn't have done it if it were very obvious. As long as the thread matches precisley and the fabric is somewhat textured no one will notice.

What do you mean by iron? You'll have to press your trousers every so often, but less than you would a regular pair, because the crease is always there.

xizenta

Reaction score

What do you mean by iron? You'll have to press your trousers every so often, but less than you would a regular pair, because the crease is always there.

I think that he's trying to say it looks awkward when you have a crisp crease but the whole crease is waving in and out like in your photo (i know you said it wasn't ironed).

I kind of like the idea though and I have always thought of something similar. I didn't know it was an actual thing. What I have seen is that I think it was either Men's Wearhouse or JAB, one of those low quality vendors, has a technique where they line the crease on the inside of the pant with a strip of silicone, so it stays maintained. :alien:

Let us know how it looks after some wear.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camilla Hughes