• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
Wish I would have known that. The sale on the items I wanted was far more than the 20% of the gift card. Seems weird to have a gift card that is not equivalent to cash.

As others have said, gift cards are often excluded from sales, but to add to the conversation, I'd argue that gift cards are rarely treated as equivalent to cash. If that were the case, you could use a gift card to purchase a gift card (something most retailers prevent).

It'd be a bad business decision to say "buy this gift card and get a 20% value bonus" and then let the customer use that gift card to buy another gift card that also comes with a 20% bonus. It'd be an endless cycle.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Canadian smacktalk is amazing.

You don't even shovel your own snow. Ohhhhhhh

You have no idea. That storm happened 15 years ago, but the idea of a major Canadian city being unable to deal with snow is such a major disgrace that they will probably never live it down. Toronto-haters from BC to PEI will be telling their children about that for generations.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have no idea. That storm happened 15 years ago, but the idea of a major Canadian city being unable to deal with snow is such a major disgrace that they will probably never live it down. Toronto-haters from BC to PEI will be telling their children about that for generations.

I'm Canadian myself (from Québec) and I've never heard that story. Then again, if it was 15 years ago, I was only 10 at the time, and I wasn't into national news that much then.

emptym

Reaction score
Anyone remember the heavy upholstery linen I posted long ago? Basted fitting coming up:

A Luxire last w/ my name on it:

You guys need to come to Bangalore.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@emptym What are you having made? A divan? :)

Two new shirts, quick service as usual.

Sky Blue Oxford, which seems as nice as its popularity suggests.

Red-Blue Tartan Flannel. Nice weight and hand on this.

For the collars I asked Luxire to copy Proper Cloth's soft Roma cutaway (used to be called Milan). I think they did a great job just using the images and description from PC's website. :nodding:

Got a few swatches too, including:
Blue Denim Slubby Chambray
Grandi & Rubinelli Red University Stripes Oxford
and
Indigo Canvas Oxford

Both the chambray and indigo oxford canvas look like winners to me and I can see putting in an order for them. G&R is a very nice fabric, though I wouldn't guess it is an oxford from the swatch. Very lightweight and not beefy like you expect when you see "oxford cloth." I suppose oxford is a weave more than it is a weight, and this is by no means to say that there's anything wrong with the G&R fabric. I sure hope not... have two I ordered from the sale... :)

Last edited:

Vkandis

Reaction score
I see cancelling the sale as a better solution then the one that is currently offered. As of now at least one person is stuck with a $1300 purchase that he cannot use due to the changed terms of sale. Will luxire be offering refunds on gift cards to compensate for the changes?

I fail to see how the individual in question is "stuck" with a card they cannot use. They bought a $1500 gift card for $1200, why would one do that if they were then not planning to spend $1500. Second, none of the items in the sale were even close the value of the card. No the issue is the person cannot purchase everything they planned by trying double dip the sales. None of the pants alone are even close to $1500--certainly none of the shirts are. So the person cannot get everything they want based on an array of assumptions they made (the card would be delivered instantaneously and that it could be used to purchase other sale items) he can still get $1500 worth of merchandise for $1200. That he could have gotten more value by buying the sale items has no bearing on his ability to use the card.

Last edited:

Ironballs

Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood looks like a nice collar. Very similar to Luxire's English Spread, I think, with slightly longer collar points.

Just received my first NOBD2 collared shirt. Not looking back. Classic Blue Oxford, unfused, soft interlining, lightly fused neckband. Rolls nicely, doesn't crumple excessively. Wonder if sturdier lining is needed for a thinner fabric?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@FrankCowperwood looks like a nice collar. Very similar to Luxire's English Spread, I think, with slightly longer collar points. Just received my first NOBD2 collared shirt. Not looking back. Classic Blue Oxford, unfused, soft interlining, lightly fused neckband. Rolls nicely, doesn't crumple excessively. Wonder if sturdier lining is needed for a thinner fabric?
Thanks, probably is just a variation on a theme. I have one with this collar from PC and I like the overall height and the spread, so I thought I'd give it a try at Luxire. Any idea if the lightly fused neckband on your shirts is the same as the "stiff" neckband Luxire has talked about here in the thread? I've asked for the "stiff" neckband on a few shirts from the sale in linen and lighter weight cotton and hoping I like how it turns out. Not too worried, of course.

Last edited:

p.henrik

Reaction score

@emptym What are you having made? A divan? :)

Two new shirts, quick service as usual.

Sky Blue Oxford, which seems as nice as its popularity suggests.

Red-Blue Tartan Flannel. Nice weight and hand on this.

For the collars I asked Luxire to copy Proper Cloth's soft Roma cutaway (used to be called Milan). I think they did a great job just using the images and description from PC's website. :nodding:

Got a few swatches too, including:
Blue Denim Slubby Chambray
Grandi & Rubinelli Red University Stripes Oxford
and
Indigo Canvas Oxford

Both the chambray and indigo oxford canvas look like winners to me and I can see putting in an order for them. G&R is a very nice fabric, though I wouldn't guess it is an oxford from the swatch. Very lightweight and not beefy like you expect when you see "oxford cloth." I suppose oxford is a weave more than it is a weight, and this is by no means to say that there's anything wrong with the G&R fabric. I sure hope not... have two I ordered from the sale... :)

Looks good. What lining did you specify? I had soft ununfused on a Skye blue dress shirt previously, and its just too wrinkly.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks good. What lining did you specify? I had soft ununfused on a Skye blue dress shirt previously, and its just too wrinkly.

Spec was just "soft unfused interlining." I cut and pasted it directly from the other site. This may wrinkle up a little, you are right. It's mostly a casual oxford for me though, so that will be fine.

Personally, I like a soft collar, but with some body. I think that this works well with beefy Oxford and flannel. I'm still figuring things out for lighter weight fabrics.

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spec was just "soft unfused interlining." I cut and pasted it directly from the other site. This may wrinkle up a little, you are right. It's mostly a casual oxford for me though, so that will be fine.

Personally, I like a soft collar, but with some body. I think that this works well with beefy Oxford and flannel. I'm still figuring things out for lighter weight fabrics.

For lighter dress shirt fabrics, I have requested medium fusing and a light interlining. The fusing that Luxire uses gives just enough body so that the collar does not wrinkle, while not appearing stiff. The collar still rolls nicely with a tie.

Last edited:

Arion

Reaction score
For lighter dress shirt fabrics, I have requested medium fusing and a light interlining. The fusing that Luxire uses gives just enough body so that the collar does not wrinkle, while not appearing stiff. The collar still rolls nicely with a tie.

Interesting. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I was going to go for medium lining and soft fusing for my poplin shirts, but perhaps I should reconsider? I am also looking for non-wrinkly but still soft collars and cuffs.

Terpo

Reaction score
It depends on the collar and fabric.

For Barba BD I get light unfused lining for both collar band and tips.
For Broke and Bespoke BD I get medium unfused lining for collar band and light unfused lining for tips.
For my own collar, which is similar to the 1738 collar (see the collar spreadsheet) I get medium fusing for the collar band and and the tips.

Personally, for non-BD collars I would usually get medium fusing for the collar band (maybe with an exception for linen shirts) to keep it upright and then decide on what lining/fusing to use based on the collar size and fabric. The NOBD is fine with light unfused lining for the tips, for any larger collars I personally prefer to get them fused as I find they wrinkle too much, otherwise.

At the beginning of my Luxire-customer career I got every shirt unfused, lightly lined for everything. It was a good experience, as it is hard to find these properties RTW for non-BD shirts. However, retrospectively, I would have rather got more fusing for dress shirts as the collars sometimes look sloppy when unfused.

vogs

Reaction score
AW: Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ACan anyone suggest a blue or better a light blue plain dress shirt fabric?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a heavyweight, beefy blue oxford? I got the "classic blue oxford" but I found it a little too lightweight for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads