• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Linen Suit.....

What fabric is the blue shirt you have used there made from? looks like a nice shade of blue

Rudie

Reaction score
Take a look at the inside of the new shirt and compare it to the outside of the old one. Whilst I've never ordered a 2nd shirt, I've got the Classic Red Oxford some month ago. The outside was as fuzzy as the first picture and therefore looking like pink from a meter away. The inside of the shirt didn't have this fuzzyness and looked very much like the picture at the website.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/5970#post_6711536

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/6015#post_6717889

I suspect something similar happens with the Sky Blue Summer Chambray. The picture at the website shows a End-on-End-like fabric, but lots of finished shirts looked like hairline stripes. Some said this is the new/improved version of the fabric, but it looks just the other side of my swatch.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/4785#post_6559317
This is exactly what happened to me. I had also ordered the red oxford. Seems like someone is asleep at the sewing machine making the shirts inside out. My shirt had a wonky collar as well. After sending in pictures they remade it for free.

Turner

Reaction score

This is exactly what happened to me. I had also ordered the red oxford. Seems like someone is asleep at the sewing machine making the shirts inside out. My shirt had a wonky collar as well. After sending in pictures they remade it for free. 

I've sent Theresa the pictures as well and was also offered a remake, but the shirt was wearable. Since the other shirt of the order had serious measuring issues and was very uncomfortable, I felt bad asking for two remakes and kept the Classic Red. From time to time I regret it, since a pink/nude Flannel looks quite odd.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of my two new shirts one fits spot on the other is just off, I thought it might be the material but it was bugging me so just measured them and sure enough one is to the order exactly the other is around a cm off in the chest and waist. now I've had plenty of good orders from Luxire, I get that mistakes happen and I very much still rate them I guess simply whilst the shirt is of course wearable its not perfect like the others and that's pretty important when you consider why people go MTM.

We were discussing a similar thing a couple of weeks back and my thoughts now are that measurements being accurate is king. new website and better customer service is no good if quality control on the fundamentals isn't there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads