• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone adjusted the default front pant pockets? I want to add a little more depth but I also want to change the angle of the side that your pinky is against when you put your hands in your pockets. I've had so many things fall out of my Luxire pants while sitting, yet things never fall out of my other pant pockets. Comparing them side by side I realized that Luxire pockets have a "steeper" angle on the inside of the pocket that apparently causes things to slide down the side of the pocket and out easier. Anyone else had this issue and fixed it? Wondering how exactly to relay what I want to Luxire.

Are you sure it's not just a function of how deep the pockets are? On the pants I ordered from Luxire, the pockets were a little shallower than I like, so in future I'd have to ask for deeper pocket bags. I had also requested the little "pocket in pocket" that Howard Yount pants have but that didn't materialize.

scrolls

Reaction score
It's certainly possible. The angle is steeper in Luxire pockets but that may just be a function of the pocket depth. Definitely requesting deeper pockets no matter what.

Arion

Reaction score
After reading hundreds of pages here, I am finally putting in my first order at luxire. I don't see where to apply the discount code for the new pant fabrics though. Anyone have a clue? Just put it in the notes? Thanks in advance.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
After reading hundreds of pages here, I am finally putting in my first order at luxire. I don't see where to apply the discount code for the new pant fabrics though. Anyone have a clue? Just put it in the notes? Thanks in advance.
You do it at checkout.

Rincon

Reaction score
Will Luxire ever start offering high-grade cashmere for coats/jackets?

There are a couple things I'd love to have made.

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

I might get another pair of selvedge denim before I go for the chinos as I could use some swatches of the potential chinos I'm getting.

How is delivery times at the moment, still about 4 weeks for pants?

I placed an order for cotton chinos on March 15th. I believe they were delivered to me in the US on March 31st. Not sure if time would differ Norway/jeans.

Bummer about the price increase for the Brembana Navy Chambray. It was actually going to be my next purchase.

Not sure about the low stock reasoning. You'd think it'd go on clearance to get rid of the remaining stock and make room for new inventory. Guess it was just too good of a special. :)

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure it's not just a function of how deep the pockets are? On the pants I ordered from Luxire, the pockets were a little shallower than I like, so in future I'd have to ask for deeper pocket bags. I had also requested the little "pocket in pocket" that Howard Yount pants have but that didn't materialize.

It's certainly possible. The angle is steeper in Luxire pockets but that may just be a function of the pocket depth. Definitely requesting deeper pockets no matter what.

How much deeper would you gentlemen recommend for pockets? A couple of inches?

table21

Reaction score
Just checking but did Canada lose its free shipping. If so its too bad as I will have to find another shirt maker.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Canada has been included in the $25 flat-rate-duty-incusive shipping, which is very reasonable if you order more than one item at a time

terra firma

Reaction score
Not sure about the low stock reasoning. You'd think it'd go on clearance to get rid of the remaining stock and make room for new inventory. Guess it was just too good of a special. :)

I think the price just went up because the demand went up. I think it became pretty popular with so many people on here being interested in it. It wouldn't surprise me if the mills themselves just upped the cost. There's a lot that goes into it that Luxire may not have any control over.

I ended up getting the fabric it was closest compared to by the swatches, so I'll be curious how it turns out :)

Macs

Reaction score
I placed an order for cotton chinos on March 15th. I believe they were delivered to me in the US on March 31st. Not sure if time would differ Norway/jeans.

Bummer about the price increase for the Brembana Navy Chambray. It was actually going to be my next purchase.

I placed an order for linen trousers on March 9th.
Still no news... :-(

Xtra

Reaction score

Crossing my fingers for about the same delivery time that you had, about two weeks is really fast.

Yes, I agree, quite steep price hike there, but it is a very nice shirt fabric.

Rincon: what about the Cerruti cashmere for outerwear?

Last edited:

Simplicio

Reaction score
For those more experienced with the linen shirts, do you find that they fit more loosely than your cotton shirts? Would there be any reason to change the sizing on the order?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads