• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Xtra

Reaction score
Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That fabric is the same fabric as the suit image linked a few posts back. I know because it's mine :D

I got it unlined in the pants. I agree that fully lined defeats the purpose. Unlined is super cool. Half lined might be OK too.

For a jacket, it's also adviseable to ask for dark canvassing on Fresco - white can show through.

Nice, fabric looks great, definitely looking forward to my pants now! Maybe if they turn out really good I can send in a jacket to be copied so I can get a full suit made.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Sent in jacket & pants... then trial and error :)

So did the suit get sent back and forth for corrections or was the trial and error via email? Did you have a specific style you wanted copied and just send in the jacket and pants for measurements ore were you looking for an exact replica?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So did the suit get sent back and forth for corrections or was the trial and error via email? Did you have a specific style you wanted copied and just send in the jacket and pants for measurements ore were you looking for an exact replica?

If this was an exact replica, or if anyone else out there sent in a jacket to be copied, I'd love to see fit pics of the original jacket compared to fit pics of te Luxire jacket.

cappedncollared

Reaction score
I had a suit replicated but don't have any pictures comparing the two. I consider that the fit achieved was very good.

The construction and detailing on the jacket, however, was quite different - much heavier padding and canvassing (heavier than I've ever seen before), button hole spacing wider, etc. My main recommendation would to be prescriptive with design choices. The tailors are not likely used to the preferences and nuances of a SF-type customer such as light construction, wider lapels with lots of roll, high gorges and barchetta pockets.

My suit was done around August 2013 so it is likely suiting services have matured since then.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a suit replicated but don't have any pictures comparing the two. I consider that the fit achieved was very good.

The construction and detailing on the jacket, however, was quite different - much heavier padding and canvassing (heavier than I've ever seen before), button hole spacing wider, etc. My main recommendation would to be prescriptive with design choices. The tailors are not likely used to the preferences and nuances of a SF-type customer such as light construction, wider lapels with lots of roll, high gorges and barchetta pockets.

My suit was done around August 2013 so it is likely suiting services have matured since then.

Interesting, thanks for the insight here. I hope they've gotten better since then, because if I sent in a jacket I would want it to be copied exactly, down to every little detail. I wouldn't expect lapel size or shape (including gorge), buttonholes, padding, canvassing, or any other details to be changed at all.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting, thanks for the insight here. I hope they've gotten better since then, because if I sent in a jacket I would want it to be copied exactly, down to every little detail. I wouldn't expect lapel size or shape (including gorge), buttonholes, padding, canvassing, or any other details to be changed at all.

I wouldn't just send in a jacket to be copied, but also an extensive list of all the specific details you want to be copied. Mistakes are common in even the best bespoke suits, so I suppose a list helps the tailor understand what you find important.

I made a very long list and provided a couple of pictures of details for my Luxire jacket, and it turned out great. It might not be necessary for simple stuff, but it certainly helps for the more advanced/subtle details.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't just send in a jacket to be copied, but also an extensive list of all the specific details you want to be copied. Mistakes are common in even the best bespoke suits, so I suppose a list helps the tailor understand what you find important.

I made a very long list and provided a couple of pictures of details for my Luxire jacket, and it turned out great. It might not be necessary for simple stuff, but it certainly helps for the more advanced/subtle details.

That's good advice, I probably will do this if I get to the point of ordering a suit jacket of SC. I dont know if I'm ready to pull the trigger yet. I'll probably get one more with Kent Wang to really perfect the fit, then maybe I'll use that as a model with Luxire.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://custom.luxire.com/collections/all-sorted-by-price-low-to-high/products/sky-blue-oxford

These are terrible pics but in person the shirt is on point. The fit is pretty much perfect

Out of the box pics so it's wrinkled. It's not tight but the camera just kinda lie. I'm going to wash the shirt this weekend.

Great fabric!

Last edited:

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads