• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

MacGuffen

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, is it possible to see the measurements of my previous orders somewhere? I can't find it on my Luxire account and Luxire mail doesn't respond.

I always store the measurements locally, but I've made a typo and need to double check.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, is it possible to see the measurements of my previous orders somewhere? I can't find it on my Luxire account and Luxire mail doesn't respond.

I always store the measurements locally, but I've made a typo and need to double check.

I asked for mine from Theresa in an email and she sent it.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I'm actually considering such a collar for a White French cuff dress shirt, I hope I didn't come off as too brash. Would you recommend light fusing for French cuffs as well?

Hmm, honestly I"m not sure. I'll wait for the other senior members to reply to your question.

Fellas?

I"ll take a better close up picture when I get a chance.

Terpo

Reaction score
Quote:
What lining did you choose for the collar and are you wearing collar stays? I have a few shirts with the 1738 collar, but it tends to bend concavely and not roll as nicely as in your pic.
On the suggestion member "holdfast"

I went with a light fused collar and cuff. Luxire makes all their OCBD unfused but I asked for a light fusing even though it was an OCBD. The collar is nice and soft without being floppy. I do have collar stays in the shirt in the picture.

Not sure I understand. The 1738 collar is not an BD collar to my knowledge or did you get a hidden BD button?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure I understand. The 1738 collar is not an BD collar to my knowledge or did you get a hidden BD button?

Fabric is Oxford cloth, the collar is 1738 and not the button down collar that normally comes with a Oxford cloth shirt. Luxire is full custom so they can make anything you wish. I didn't go with a button down collar because I like how the spread looks when wearing a tie.

I also went no placket as well, normally Oxford cloth do come with a placket. It's really up to you and your preference.

I plan on getting this next

http://custom.luxire.com/products/pale-blue-dress-stripes

Last edited:

ellsbebc

Reaction score

Fabric is OCBD, the collar is 1738 and not the button down collar that normally comes with a OCBD shirt. Luxire is full custom so they can make anything you wish. I didn't go with a button down collar because I like how the spread looks when wearing a tie.

I also went no placket as well, normally OCBD do come with a placket. It's really up to you and your preference.

I plan on getting this next

http://custom.luxire.com/products/pale-blue-dress-stripes

Mean to say oxford cloth? OCBD = oxford cloth button down shirt

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the G&R fabrics and if it's worth the up charge?

I am client and friend of Grandi and have visited their factory. Very good stuff and have the lowest prices from the best mills.

Regarding Alumo vs Monti 120. Alumo does the best 120 but on 140s I prefer Monti who as well does a better 170 and a better 200 than Alumo so quality/price is better.

My default 170 is Monti. Alumo solid white in 170s looks very hotel bed plates, personally i do not liked them or any of my top clients who agreed.

Each article has its difference between brands. I use the best and did comparations with all as shirtmaker.

Last edited:

Cavarra

Reaction score
It looks like the cotton fabric used for the pants, in particular the cheaper ones turn out a lot shinier than in the picture. If you wanted to alleviate the shine which cotton fabric would you be looking at maybe a dugdale or the new soft cotton??

topos

Reaction score
It looks like the cotton fabric used for the pants, in particular the cheaper ones turn out a lot shinier than in the picture. If you wanted to alleviate the shine which cotton fabric would you be looking at maybe a dugdale or the new soft cotton??
This is not true of all the cheaper cotton fabrics. The grey khaki chino is a little shiny, but the copper chino and beige cream twill chinos are not at all (I can only speak for those I have). All of these were $90 fabrics. So I think it's more than possible to get pants without any shine in the "cheap" category.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads