• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shoe update:

We are still trying to figure out the leather and other items we have based on the requests received. Hence the delay in reply to emails.

We plan to move ahead with 2-3 pairs initially and order the required leather etc for the pairs for which we do not have material. Due to the nature of it, this is not an early bird offer.

In the next iteration, we will make another 5-6 pairs and so on.

We will try and fulfill all these requests over the next 2-3 months. Order and payment will be taken at the start of the particular cycle. You can thus change your mind at any time.

In the interim, once we are confident that we have covered all bases, we will start taking more orders.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Now the question is, who gets the 2-3 pairs in the initial run? I didn't include details in my email because I had questions about the process on how to submit what I was looking for. Your post seems to imply that only those who submitted specific ideas right away are getting in on the test shoes.

jko

Reaction score

Same collar, different shirt
These are both yours, Matt? Are these Luxire's standard English spread collars? Do you have a picture of them unbuttoned?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A while back, saw what Luxire described as their "Italian collar". A couple of folks asked about it, but no great pictures. I took the plunge and ordered one, so figured I'd post a picture here for reference.

Note that I specified collar band height of 1.75", no tie gap, and light lining and fusing--not sure if these are standard on this collar. Will try to remember to take a picture with a tie once I wash and wear it a couple of times.

I also can't find the link for the spreadsheet tracking all of these collars--if someone wants to update that would be appreciated.

Fabric is Pale Blue Dress Stripes.

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score

These are both yours, Matt? Are these Luxire's standard English spread collars? Do you have a picture of them unbuttoned?

Yes, but truth be told, someone much much earlier in this thread used it and posted a pic. I don't know that we've heard from him since, but I've used this on every spread collar shirt I've ordered. It's the english spread with 3.5" points and no tie gap.

I don't have one unbuttoned, but I can do one eventually. Unbuttoned with this collar is not my favorite, because it is pretty formal, so it doesn't sit right unbuttoned, in my opinion.

A while back, saw what Luxire described as their "Italian collar". A couple of folks asked about it, but no great pictures. I took the plunge and ordered one, so figured I'd post a picture here for reference.

Note that I specified collar band height of 1.75", no tie gap, and light lining and fusing--not sure if these are standard on this collar. Will try to remember to take a picture with a tie once I wash and wear it a couple of times.

I also can't find the link for the spreadsheet tracking all of these collars--if someone wants to update that would be appreciated.

Fabric is Pale Blue Dress Stripes.

This looks really nice. I saved a pic from someone earlier, but this is much more helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:

variancelog

Reaction score
@luxire Thanks for the update on the shoe orders!

@aravenel That's a great pic of the Italian collar. Thanks!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pale blue dress shirt doesn't look the same in terms of color on their website. Nice color though

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks good; actually fairly similar to my own custom collar, except fine has a lower collar band height IIRC. I find this kind of collar shape/size fits nicely under jackets and despite lack of tie space, the spread itself is enough to allow a tie to sit comfortably.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty close to me... Would have to see a closer comparison to really know.

It's exactly what I was looking for, so I'm quite happy. Nice fabric, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads