• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, our Miele washing maschine is a front loader and does have a softcare drum, still I better am safe than sorry.
I guess it's part of my German nature, which in this case you happily do no share? :embar:

Of course you have a Miele! :)

No, it's fine. I wash my jeans and trousers inside out as well. Because my mother told me so, 20 years ago. : )

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

that collar needs to be higher. maybe add another button while you're at it.

Hey Clapey. I am thinking of trying out your collar for my next order. Two questions: how do you think it would manage with just one button on the collar band? I am not really fond of the two button thing. Also, how do you think the collar would look if modified into a BD? I personally am very fond of the Italian style of BD with higher collar band and points, and your collar might be a good starting point...

i advise against turning the clap into a button down, it simply has too much spread. maybe try timotunes BD collar, check the excel spreadsheet. The collar band Is 35mm high in the front, one button might not be enough to close it evenly. But you may give it a try.

No, 's fine. I wash my jeans and trousers inside out as well. Because my mother told me so, 20 years ago. : )

and since louis and I are Miele guys, according to the laws of transitivity, you must own a windmolen powered wasautomaat by philips, right?

Monday my luxire jeans will arrive. Whoop whoop.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XrAKLOi.jpg

:)

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To me it looks the same. :laugh: Would you mind sharing the details of the collar in an image? Something like this
LL
Nice! I was one of the people asking for more info about this collar. Could you please update the spreadsheet with measurements (collar band and point lengths)? You can find the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9ScVo3VkNlR2JRSU5tTFFOMlE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
Ill try to get measurements today. Like I said, I asked for a higher collar band and no tie space, so mine may not be a canonical reference point, but should give a reference point at least.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ill try to get measurements today. Like I said, I asked for a higher collar band and no tie space, so mine may not be a canonical reference point, but should give a reference point at least.

I'd actually like the higher collar band, so your measurements would do me just fine. Are you happy with the collar by the way? Anything you would like to alter?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my shirt came in yesterday (turnaroundtime is insanely fast for me, under 2 weeks).
It is really nice, here is a quick shot of the BD-collar

Timo, do you think you could update the spreadsheet with measurements (collar band height in front/back and point length) for this collar? Thanks!

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@carlos20co, looks good. Maybe it's the picture but it seems almost to be more of a light grey color than a true cream.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd actually like the higher collar band, so your measurements would do me just fine. Are you happy with the collar by the way? Anything you would like to alter?

I actually haven't worn it yet to tell you. Just got the shirt on Friday. From just looking at it and trying it on, I am very happy with it, but the real test will be wearing it with a tie after it's been washed a few times.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually haven't worn it yet to tell you. Just got the shirt on Friday. From just looking at it and trying it on, I am very happy with it, but the real test will be wearing it with a tie after it's been washed a few times.

I see. Ok well please report back when you have the chance then. :)

prozach1576

Reaction score
I keep thinking about how that navy Brembana chambray would look great with corozo nut buttons and flap pockets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads