• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Wade

Reaction score
^asked them a while ago with toj pics as example and they said to use the wool peacoat page to order

I think I'm going to wait until September to order though so it will be ready for next winter

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^asked them a while ago with toj pics as example and they said to use the wool peacoat page to order

I think I'm going to wait until September to order though so it will be ready for next winter
Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for them to get back to me. It's summer here now so a good time to order.

Garasaki

Reaction score
He linked to both of them in his post.
It's something to think about. I'm anxious to try out the moleskin fabric too.

Does anyone have any pics of that made up?

I placed an order in the last week or two for some moleskin pants. My credit card has already been charged so I'm assuming they've hit production already. I'll try to post pics when they arrive.

Also got a scarf and a boatload of pants fabric swatches. As always, excited about receiving a Luxire package!!

johanm

Reaction score

^ seems like ordering swatches before you buy would solve your issues. I realize sometimes fabrics sell out by the time you get your swatch and are ready to place your order, but for the most part they do a pretty good job of keeping popular fabrics in stock.

Swatches can be deceptive. Fabrics feel a lot different after the finishing chemicals wear off and they've been worn/washed a few times. Some age gracefully, others become limp and flimsy.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Agreed. And maybe I am too inexperienced, but I find swatches to be great for identifying color and texture, but not easy for me to determine the body of the fabric when it is made up into a shirt.

Also, to put my comments in perspective, I'm just offering a discussion around a perspective that I have as a customer of Luxire, it is not a major criticism or complaint. I made my first order last month and immediately ordered two more shirts and will shortly be ordering another 10+. I would have ordered the 10+ already if not for the questions I have about each fabric.

burghler

Reaction score
Does the height of the shirt yoke (measured from back of collar to bottom of the yoke) affect sleeve drape? I attached a picture below showing what I mean. I ask because all of my Luxire shirts have fairly large creases emanating from the shoulders on each sleeve while my TM Lewin shirts with the same sleeve width, armhole, yoke width, etc. do not. The Luxire's measure 3.75 inches while TM Lewin's measure only 2.5 inches.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
For the above issue, I've emailed Luxire before and they told me they could fix it by adjusting the sleeve angle. The next shirt I ordered with it didn't have those creases anymore.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the above issue, I've emailed Luxire before and they told me they could fix it by adjusting the sleeve angle. The next shirt I ordered with it didn't have those creases anymore.

Thats awesome, did you provide pics to luxire or put anything special in the order for them to know to do that?

Terpo

Reaction score
The default version of attaching the sleeves is like a "T", i.e. fitting best when your arms are raised to the sides.. Alternatively, the sleeves can be attached to fit when your arms are hanging. So depending on if you want to wear the shirt while sitting at your desk or ballroom dancing one may be more suitable than the other.

Falgrim

Reaction score
^ seems like ordering swatches before you buy would solve your issues. I realize sometimes fabrics sell out by the time you get your swatch and are ready to place your order, but for the most part they do a pretty good job of keeping popular fabrics in stock.

I ordered this shirt in http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-poplin. Needless to say, it was a very different color from the swatch I had received. It is certainly not light blue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads