• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd love a fabric like this — white stripes on blue.

This just says summer to me.

Desperately waiting for a fabric like that for a long time!
Would buy both in cotton and linen.

I'd also love to see a tattersall like the following, but with all the stripes of the same shade of blue.
http://luxire.com/products/blue-black-tattersall
I know an all blue tattersall is already on offer, but the stripes on it are a lot thicker and I much prefer the thinner and therefore more elegant pattern shown above.

Last edited:

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
More a streetwear thing but hey Luxire does casual and classic menswear... hoodies and unstructured blazers would be cool. Having jersey fabrics would be great in general for both.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got this pair back. Hmm. Certainly not there yet. I have a newfound respect for trousermakers. Refining the fit is proving much trickier than I expected; harder than shirts for sure. I think because small changes make big (and multiplying) differences to how the fabric hangs. As each pair is cheap (I'm using the navy twill chino), I'm going to give it one last try experimenting before simply getting my usual tailor to make me a bespoke pair of belt loop trousers (or maybe a suit with the trousers cut for belt loops instead of my usual braces) and then get them replicated by Luxire. Anyway, in the meatime, let's see if 3rd time's a charm...
biggrin.gif
There are occasionally distinct advantages to ordering from abroad, when it's from a country that doesn't take several days off over Christmas. Ordered on the evening of 19th December, shipping notification on the 27th!

johanm

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on my first shirt (sky blue oxford) and trousers (270-300g khaki twill). Also ordered a bunch of swatches and look forward to reporting back to this thread with observations.

Has anyone sent a canvassed sportcoat or suit jacket in to be replicated? I'm considering sending a bespoke jacket to get duped out for a variety of tweed, corduroy, and linen sportcoats. The value proposition is highly intriguing. I'm just a little curious about what level of quality to expect - don't want to have unrealistic expectations and get disappointed. Are they going to nail every detail of front/back balance, curve of quarters, pocket/dart placement, shoulder construction, arm taper, etc? Or is this bound to be a $5-600 mistake?

Last edited:

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
So I've been away, but came home to a wonderful pair of Luxire tan linen trousers. Cuffs, pleats, side tab adjusters, buttoned fly, high rise - lots of hand finishing - just fantastic.

Wore them for about 2-3 days straight - heaps of compliments - they are now in the wash, to be pressed and then worn again and again I'm sure.

Will post full pics and a write up in the future, but suffice to say, Luxire has my continued business! This was my first crack at MTM and damn they are good. Very happy indeed!

Turner

Reaction score
I think it depends on the way the yoke is cut. Lay several different shirts flat on a surface and look for the shoulder angle. Some have a rather flat angle, others are steeper. Steeper angles should fit dropping shoulders better, and Luxire seems to cut rather flat by default. Specifying the angle must be quite difficult, probably by specifying a measure from the bottom of the collar to the top of shoulder seam?

Maybe I wasn't very precise by saying the sleeves can be altered to fit when the arms are hanging. I should have said by varying the angle the sleeves are attached you can make them better fit while your arms are hanging.

There was a discussion about this before: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/5865#post_6696013

Would still be interesting to hear Luxire's take on this.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Here are a couple more pictures of #5127 the Clapents.

the quintessence being they did a damn fine job fitting the seat. Even though they are based on the same measurements the black plaid ones are a tad longer but not that it would bother me. The two fabrics are very heavy and ideal I believe for the colder German winter months. They are very rustic and flannely so don't expect anything overly smooth for conservative business dress when ordering the $99 Flannel. They are ideal for casual outfits.

These are my 8th pair I believe and I could not be happier with the kind of service and value Luxire offers.

The offset outward facing single pleats gape a little and the pockets lie perfectly flat. Exactly the sweet spot between comfort and crisp appearance.

Remind me again why I insisted on cuffs?
biggrin.gif

And because I don't have enough already I just put in an order for my first two Luxire shirts...we'll see.

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Remind me again why I insisted on cuffs? :D
I laughed out loud here because I know that feel. I have pants made from that same fabric, I ordered them with cuffs, and I ended up taking the cuffs out once they got here. This stuff is incredibly thick and warm. Right now Luxire is making a winter coat for me out of that material.

Tommi

Reaction score

Do start sharing your wishlist for the season. We will get started on making them come true.

Well, here's my fabric wish list:

1. More white oxford options. According to my friend those Warzone fabrics (or at least the Warzone Plus) are very disappointing.

2. That green oxford I keep asking. High contrast fabric (white and mid or darkish green yarns) preferred.

3. More madras fabrics and better (dummy or folded) pictures of all madras fabrics you already have.

SmileForum

Reaction score
Yet another awesome affiliate of Styleforum, I stumble upon.

@LA Guy
Fok, you've got to make a section of SF dedicated to only affiliates.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do start sharing your wishlist for the season. We will get started on making them come true.

1. More white oxford options. According to my friend those Warzone fabrics (or at least the Warzone Plus) are very disappointing.

3. More madras fabrics and better (dummy or folded) pictures of all madras fabrics you already have.

What was disappointing about the Warzone Plus? I was looking to make an order including it soon.

I second the request for more madras!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads