• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Back rise can be increased at the fork too, giving more room at the seat.

Thank you for this; very interesting & helpful!

By the way, on a totally unrelated point, do Luxire have any plans to travel? I can imagine that the combination of your efficient factory operation, plus the benefit of in-person measurement & fitting, could work very well. Obviously, you'd have to charge a little more for in-person fitting/etc, but it might be worth one of your team crunching the numbers to see whether it's worth it.

I can guarantee you I'll buy a few things if you come to the South-East of England or London! ;)  

THIS. (Except swap San Francisco for Blighty...)

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought this ridiculously cheap but fantastically practical card holder/money clip wallet for whooping 15 renminbi a couple weeks ago and was wondering whether I could order a remake of this design in real leather through Luxire?

Here's are a couple of pictures of the contraption:

It holds 6 cards and the clip is feather loaded so it easily snaps in and out of position.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for this; very interesting & helpful!

By the way, on a totally unrelated point, do Luxire have any plans to travel? I can imagine that the combination of your efficient factory operation, plus the benefit of in-person measurement & fitting, could work very well. Obviously, you'd have to charge a little more for in-person fitting/etc, but it might be worth one of your team crunching the numbers to see whether it's worth it.

I can guarantee you I'll buy a few things if you come to the South-East of England or London!
wink.gif

Not sure what model we will follow as the "next step". One line of thought is that there is a better way of doing "b-E-spoke" without in-person fitting. We will work on improvements in that area.

Currently, the focus on getting you more choices: The Storm Systems, the Casentinos, the leathers and many other options. Also on improving the current offerings.

Were at a facility that has collected buttons/toggles/straps/clasps of different types for the last 32 years and was just amazed at the kind of items available. Many of these will find their way into your choices.

---------------------------------------------
For your pants, emailing images of the fit of the last one and the one used for measurements will help us determine the required changes.

Using the exact same measurements, pants can be made to fit differently in a few ways.

johanm

Reaction score

Not sure what model we will follow as the "next step". One line of thought is that there is a better way of doing "b-E-spoke" without in-person fitting. We will work on improvements in that area.

Currently, the focus on getting you more choices: The Storm Systems, the Casentinos, the leathers and many other options. Also on improving the current offerings.

Were at a facility that has collected buttons/toggles/straps/clasps of different types for the last 32 years and was just amazed at the kind of items available. Many of these will find their way into your choices.

Would be great if you guys offered more "name brand" fabrics for shirts (Thomas Mason, Alumo, Grandi & Rubinelli) and trousers (Holland & Sherry, Scabal, Harrisons, Smith Woollens).

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never concerned with Luxire carrying name brand fabrics. Part of their appeal is top-notch construction at very reasonable prices. Too many high end name brand fabrics kinda ruins the price-value ratio a bit. I guess as long as the cheaper fabrics are still available then it really wouldn't matter to me what kind of high-end fabrics they stock. FWIW, all the less expensive fabrics I've bought have been just as good as any other name brand fabric I've seen, just IMHO.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably no harm in carrying the names but I agree not really what their appeal is about as the above poster put well. I guess the only issue would be I can't imagine the bulk savings will be there on the named fabrics nor would they sell as much as the non-named fabrics so the prices aren't as good for consumers nor the profits as good for them. Clearly theres some happy customers who would be willing to pay the high price since Luxire has nailed their fit or met their customisation requests but whether that's profitable for them only Luxire could answer.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was never concerned with Luxire carrying name brand fabrics. Part of their appeal is top-notch construction at very reasonable prices. Too many high end name brand fabrics kinda ruins the price-value ratio a bit. I guess as long as the cheaper fabrics are still available then it really wouldn't matter to me what kind of high-end fabrics they stock. FWIW, all the less expensive fabrics I've bought have been just as good as any other name brand fabric I've seen, just IMHO.

+1

I prefer the lesser known brands that are good and keeps luxire's value proposition intact.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be great if you guys offered more "name brand" fabrics for shirts (Thomas Mason, Alumo, Grandi & Rubinelli) and trousers (Holland & Sherry, Scabal, Harrisons, Smith Woollens).
Are the Alumo fabrics out of stock? I remember multiple options available before

joewmoss

Reaction score

Probably no harm in carrying the names but I agree not really what their appeal is about as the above poster put well. I guess the only issue would be I can't imagine the bulk savings will be there on the named fabrics nor would they sell as much as the non-named fabrics so the prices aren't as good for consumers nor the profits as good for them. Clearly theres some happy customers who would be willing to pay the high price since Luxire has nailed their fit or met their customisation requests but whether that's profitable for them only Luxire could answer.
A mix of the two would be fine as long as he lower priced options remain. My experience with their lower end fabrics has been very good frankly. Nothing has appeared to be cheap or flimsy. Quite the contrary in fact. Early on, my expectations were low in regards to the materials and generally the materials have been far better than I would have initially thought. This might also be due to the high degree of construction quality of garments. I've had many regrets about the numerious OTR purchases that were more expensive and required tailoring that in the end did not fully address the ill-fit.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the way Luxire keeps their inventory. If they can secure higher end fabric and just order it as orders are made then there is no risk on luxires part.

I think it would be a mistake to use their assets to actually purchase higher end inventory to keep on hand. That cash would be much better used on other things.

lukejackson

Reaction score
hey all,

Any suggestions for measurements on the 4-pocket shirt jacket? Obviously it won't fit like a shirt nor quite like a sports coat etc, so how should i measure and accommodate for that? Unfortunately, I have nothing comparable in my wardrobe to measure off. Thanks!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cheaper ones are a bit miss and hit, and a miss keeps the shirt in the closet, which is a shame for the work that has been put into them (and for your own financial damage, however small that damage might be :)). I am not interested in fancy fabrics, but more good quality basics (think Albini/Thomas Mason Silver Line) would be great, because you know you won't get something flimsy or lifeless. On the other hand, I don't know what that would mean for the prices. I don't mind paying $100-120 in stead of $60-70 for better fabrics, but I don´t think I´d pay more than $150. And sometimes it´s nice to ´gamble´ with the cheapest fabrics as well :).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads