• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

dohare

Reaction score
That seems like a curious combination. Normally I go for wool flannel when I want warmth, and unlined when I want to stay cool.
I run really warm, so its all I need and it saves money. A sweater underneath will keep me warm through the 20-30s really.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That seems like a curious combination. Normally I go for wool flannel when I want warmth, and unlined when I want to stay cool.

Some people live in climates where they don't get a lot of very cold weather, but still like wearing seasonal appropriate materials. Going for unlined would make the jacket more versatile for them.

Jim Wood

Reaction score
but wouldn't it hang like a CPO jacket instead of a sport coat? I like both so it's just a question

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The "REAL" Gifts for someone you really love.

The wool ones are supremely warm, made of wool from sheep on high altitudes in the Himalayas.

These are all completely hand-woven, by artisans in Kashmir. They are either 100% Wool / 100% Silk /Wool-Silk Blend

The color, the design, the artistry is unique.The way the colors play around with light is amazing too. We have just 2 in each of these designs and hence not being added to the site.

If you order today, they will be shipped for delivery before Christmas.

To order: Pay the said amount here. In the notes, add the name of the item as mentioned below and the shipping address.

Shown here on male dress forms,but, perfect gift for women.

Gold Maroon Paisley Scarf: All Silk: 75" x 21" Size, All Silk, hand woven: $200

Green Copper Cream Shawl: Wool-Silk: 76" x 36", Supremely warm, Intricate hand weave, took the artisan 4 months to complete: $400

Blue Orange Paisley Shawl: 84" x 40" , Supremely warm, All wool, Hand woven: $300

Tan Orange Shawl: 84" x 40" , All wool, Supremely warm, Hand woven: $300

Purple Maroon Paisley Scarf: All Silk: 75" x 21" Size, All Silk, hand woven: $200

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Deal. Lucky we each went with a different one.
smile.gif

Got the Alumo shirt today. Won't know for certain until it's first wash & iron (I find that fabrics sometimes change how they feel after a wash) but I'm liking it so far. Soft, with a nice feel while still feeling breathable. It's not exactly the same Alumo as my existing older shirts, but it's certainly a very nice one. I'll post a proper review after it's washed & ironed.

I've just placed a new order in order to refine my trouser fit a bit.

Got this pair back. Hmm. Certainly not there yet. I have a newfound respect for trousermakers. Refining the fit is proving much trickier than I expected; harder than shirts for sure. I think because small changes make big (and multiplying) differences to how the fabric hangs. As each pair is cheap (I'm using the navy twill chino), I'm going to give it one last try experimenting before simply getting my usual tailor to make me a bespoke pair of belt loop trousers (or maybe a suit with the trousers cut for belt loops instead of my usual braces) and then get them replicated by Luxire. Anyway, in the meatime, let's see if 3rd time's a charm...
biggrin.gif

Jim Wood

Reaction score
Did you originally send them a pair to replicate or just measurements? What are you dissatisfied with. I'm considering a pair and am wondering how to start.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just sent my shirts back to have the collars remade. Is it just me or did the address for the New Jersey office change? I can't remember what it used to be, but when I was writing down the address that's listed on the website now, it didn't look familiar. I hope I didn't ship my stuff off to the wrong address!

johanm

Reaction score

Did you originally send them a pair to replicate or just measurements? What are you dissatisfied with. I'm considering a pair and am wondering how to start.
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to know how the replication process works - do they simply take the same set of measurements as in the guide (waist, half hips, etc.), or do they do an exact copy of each fabric panel?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you asking me?

If so: measurements I took myself, based on a pair of nicely-fitting bespoke trousers. If the bespoke trousers were fastened in the same way as the trousers I want to order, this would have worked out perfectly. For example, when I started ordering shirts, I measured a bespoke one, and it worked out perfectly. Unfortunately, I only have bespoke trousers from various suits whcih all take braces, and I want to use Luxire for some belt loop odd trousers.

I figured, what the hell, and just copied the measurements off the braced trousers. This does not work. I think it's to do with the mechanics of whether trousers are suspended vs cinched. It seems to create lots of little differences, esp. in bespoke. Also I want a slimmer silhouette for belt loop odd trousers. Back rise & waist circumference being the main differences between braces & belt, but changing those measurements creates lots of other compensatory changes elsewhere, which then need other adjustments, and then you're chasing your own tail trying to remedy a cascade of minor interacting changes all at once. Very tricky. Educational, mind you. But tricky.

I think if you get an item replicated by sending it in, you pretty much get an exact copy back. Even using measurements, Luxire have executed every measurement/detail I've asked for absolutely perfectly. It's just that I'm trying to do something more complicated than I initially expected. And I'm fussy. Both the trousers I've got so far are wearable enough, but I'm chasing something much better than RTW. That's why I may just give in and get a bespoke pair from my more regular (and order of magnitude more expensive) tailor and then get it replicated by Luxire for the other odd trousers I want. We'll see whether the 3rd attempt works. I should emphasise that none of the issues I'm having getting the fit right are Luxire's fault; only mine for not having a truly nicely-fitting pair of belt-fastened trousers to use as a base model, and being bloody-minded enough to keep trying given how cheap each attempt is.

Hope that answer helps!

Last edited:

Jim Wood

Reaction score
Thank you very much. It helps a great deal. My budget tops out at $225 or so for a pair of trousers, and I like heavier weight fabric so it's hard to find trousers that work for me. That, and I'm tall and trim so I wear a 34 x 36. I also like a rise of about 12 inches in the front, but I don't see much that meets those conditions. I have a pair of BR chinos that fit great except the rise is an inch too short. I'm wondering if I can just add an inch and call it good? I start a new job midwinter and need a couple more pairs of trousers, so I have to make up my mind soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads