• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Yeah I may need to start including the full measurements again in future orders. Although the other problem with that is I've changed my measurements in small in remembers throughout 3 orders until I got my fits dialed in. And every time I would reference an old order and make changes like "reduce xxx by 1/2 inch," etc. so I'd have to go back and incorporate all the additions/subtractions to figure out the exact measurements they should have on file for me. Or I could just re-measure my last shirt and include those measurements along with the order #.

I have been referencing order numbers like you described as well, but if there was a problem area from previous orders I would only include that measurement with the instructions to "double-check". These are the instructions that Luxire suggested.

Please use measurements and style from order #XXXX
-Double check the collar is X.X inches

Last edited:

joewmoss

Reaction score
Yeah I may need to start including the full measurements again in future orders. Although the other problem with that is I've changed my measurements in small increments throughout 3 orders until I got my fit dialed in. And every time I would reference an old order # and make changes like "reduce xxx by 1/2 inch," etc. so I'd have to go back and incorporate all the additions/subtractions to figure out the exact measurements they should have on file for me. Or I could just re-measure my last shirt and include those measurements along with the order #.
My comment was not really directed at you but rather the forum as a whole. The other side of that debate was adamant that adding the measurements is redundant . It is , but it's a cheap and easy failsafe when ordering multiple items on a singele order reference. Risk mitigation my friends.

Simplicio

Reaction score

I apologize if this has been covered recently, but I wondered if anyone had recommendations for a fairly high quality light blue fabric (not an oxford) that would work as a standard dress shirt. Something that could potentially be a "one shirt." An end-on-end fabric seems like a good choice. The most appealing one I see on the website is this:

http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-end-on-end

But I gather that the website is limited and that it is sometimes possible to source additional fabrics that might be of higher quality.

I would not recommend this for a "one-shirt". As I suggest in my review on their site, I find this fabric a fraction too dark to be truly as versatile as Simplicio is looking for, plus the weave is somewhat lacking in interest (sure, it's a poplin, so you'd expect that, but I think for a really versatile shirt, some interest in the weave helps. Also, while the fabric is OK, it is very standard in feel, and if you were planning on wearing the same fabric most days, you'd probably want something a bit finer. Next order, I'm going to try: http://custom.luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/pale-blue-poplin-140-2 as it looks to be a little finer, and a little paler. Still probably not an everyday shirt as you'd probably want some more surface interest for that, but I think it could be pretty versatile.

Thank you for the replies. I agree with Holdfast. And I think that a light blue end on end would probably be ideal. But I suppose my real concern is that these lower priced fabrics are not of sufficiently high quality. I may order some swatches, but I would not expect much. So I would be curious if anyone had found a different way to source fabric.

johanm

Reaction score
Does Luxire offer any cotton trouserings that aren't listed on the website? I'm specifically looking for some heavyish brushed cotton twills. I know Holland & Sherry and Scabal have offered this cloth in the past (both 100% cotton and cotton-cashmere).

Garasaki

Reaction score
My comment was not really directed at you but rather the forum as a whole. The other side of that debate was adamant that adding the measurements is redundant . It is , but it's a cheap and easy failsafe when ordering multiple items on a singele order reference. Risk mitigation my friends.
When I asked Luxire directly for the measurements used in an order (replication of something I sent them), they suggested I just reference the previous order and do +/- on whatever I wanted to change.

I recall they said they base replica orders off a pattern so it's not really a "measurements" thing

joewmoss

Reaction score
When I asked Luxire directly for the measurements used in an order (replication of something I sent them), they suggested I just reference the previous order and do +/- on whatever I wanted to change.

I recall they said they base replica orders off a pattern so it's not really a "measurements" thing
Yeah, they have a "template". However, many customers like myself have more than one measurement set that we refer to. I have one for dress shirts and one for more casual shirts. Likewise with trousers. Including the measurement set is another QC measure for them to ensure the right template is being used and producing the right results.

koor

Reaction score
That DB quilted coat and tie look awesome. Speaking of ties seems like the pricing for the high quality wool ties seem to be 49.99. Any chance of doing grenadine at this price? Custom legnth and width grenadine would be highly compelling at this price point. I think chipp2 and the knottery currently sit at this range (no customization of course).

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are there measurement diagrams like this for suit jackets?? I've been wanting / waiting for that for a quite awhile now.

In the works. Should be ready in a week or 2.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads